NIAGARA FALLS 2023 US & CANADA

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

NIAGARA FALLS 2023 US & CANADA

Post by shoresr »

Niagara on the Lake, the Canadian side of Niagara Falls is a special place for Cliff. He was taking Stephane to the Oban Inn , and he invited the LF Motorcycle Club to come along. Twelve of us, Cliff &Stephane, Rick & Brenda B., Kathy & Tom C., Betsy & Warren D., Phyllis & Gary B., and Melissa & Roger S. enjoyed the wonderful trip to Niagara Falls, US and Canada.

Before heading across the border to the Canada side, we spent our first afternoon viewing Niagara Falls from the US side.
image008.jpg
image065.jpg
image067.jpg
We stayed at two hotels, the Oban Inn and the Angel Inn, believed to be the oldest Inn still operating in Northern Canada, both in the town of Niagara on the Lake.
image001.jpg
image003.jpg
image015.jpg
Leaves were starting to change, one more week!!
Leaves were starting to change, one more week!!
image040.jpg
image053.jpg
45.jpg
90.jpg
On our second day we took a boat ride on the Canadian side which gave us an up close and personal view of the falls.
image050.jpg
That little speck is a helicopter
That little speck is a helicopter
image041.jpg
image047.jpg
image048.jpg
image051.jpg
image061.jpg
Tom and his friends
Tom and his friends
image037.jpg
image049.jpg
image035.jpg
image043.jpg
image036.jpg
image063.jpg
image054.jpg
image059.jpg
image060.jpg
image044.jpg
On day 3, having enough water ;) :o :lol: some went shopping in the town and Warren took a smaller group to see the Hockey Hall of Fame in Tronoto. Melissa and I are not avid hockey fans, but we were blown away by the museum.
image023.jpg
image016.jpg
image029.jpg
Uniforms of almost every team was represented
Uniforms of almost every team was represented
Seats from some of the first ice rinks
Seats from some of the first ice rinks
Evolution of the equipment and uniforms
Evolution of the equipment and uniforms
image028.jpg
One of the highlights to the visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame was seeing the Stanley Cup and learning of its history. When a band is full they take it off and display it in the museum.
image030.jpg
image018.jpg
image032.jpg
image025.jpg
image019.jpg
On our second night we ate dinner at the golf club across the street from the Oban Inn, which had a beautiful view of Lake Ontario and the Niagara River.
image006.jpg
image004.jpg
image033.jpg
image042.jpg
image045.jpg
Our farewell dinner at the restaurant at the Oban Inn
Our farewell dinner at the restaurant at the Oban Inn
image021.jpg
On the ride to Niagara we found our "NEW" favorite place to eat. It is Gio's BBQ in Woodland, PA. We stopped there by accident going up and made sure we stopped there on our way home. I think you can see why :lol:
image013.jpg
image064.jpg
image069.jpg
image068.jpg
image070.jpg
A motorcycle trip wouldn't be complete without a stop for ice cream. So we made the stop at New Town Creamery in Stephens City, VA.
image007.jpg
We had a great trip. I had heard the Canadian side was prettier than the US side, but I had never been there. Thery are very different, but I really loved the Canadian side and can't wait to go back.
Thanks Clif, it was a great trip.