Breakfast ride for wednsday the 7-8-09

Bob Lee

Breakfast ride for wednsday the 7-8-09

Post by Bob Lee »

Well guys, these breakfast rides is the answer. Like Bill said in the ride report, Starting out early in the morning is nice and cool. makes a jacket feel good. Also the deer and other animals seem to like it to. they were everywhere. On the way back about six of us took the loop east of Leon, and a big hawk came up from the left side of the road in front of me with a BIG snake that was almost more than he could carry. I thought for a moment that he was going to give it to me. Well for the breakfast ride for next wed. 7-8-09 will be at 8:30 or 9:00am at

Jeri's Kitchen
240 N. Main St.
Kingman Ks. 67068
620-532-5361

Hope to see you all there. Bob
Last edited by Bob Lee on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roginoz

Re: Breakfast ride for wednsday the 7-8-09

Post by roginoz »

I'm new here. What time is breakfast?
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Ronson09

Re: Breakfast ride for wednsday the 7-8-09

Post by Ronson09 »

The majority of us will be there between 8:30---9:00.. Hope to see you there...
Richard

Breakfast ride report for wednesday the 7-8-09

Post by Richard »

Report this post Reply with quote Ride report for the South Central group for 7-8-09
by Bob Lee » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Breakfast Ride Report For 7-8-09
South Central Group
WOW, What a wonderful ride this morning.... I mean, they are all good, but some just seem to be a little better, you know? It was cool, over cast, and the hint of rain, which thankfully never came. The South Centeral group decided to ride west to Jeri's in Kingman for breakfast. Like always, everyone took different routes to get there, you know, that just right, perfect route that you know would be the best way there. Well, there were15 riders that thought it would be a great day for a breakfast ride, which included a couple of New faces who joined us for their first time, WELCOME and we hope to see you at many more. I discovered one thing this morning after deciding that riding west on 21st street out of Wichita all the way to the Kingman turn off was my perfect route. That there is NO SIGN out west on 21st street indicating where to turn off for Kingman.... After a while, I started thinking " I should have seen a sign by now", and finlly decided to head south at Penolosa, Ks. I rode south to 54 highway and seen a sigh stating that Kingman was 11 miles BACK EAST.... DANG !!! Oh well, as I stated, it was a beautiful morning for a ride (Ha-Ha-Ha)... I rode back east those 11 miles and arrived at the correct destination and saw a group of ROMEO's standing around their bikes talking. It looked like i had arrived at the right time anyhow. We went inside, had a good breakfast and returned outside after to do what all good ROMEO's do, stand around and looks at the bikes and B.S. a little (or in some cases A LOT ).... It finally came time to think about leaving, and several decided to stop by " Bobz" in Kingman on their way out of town to check on what they might have. Someone else will have to talk about what went on there, as I had to head out and wasn't able to partake in that part. Even with my extra millage (for taking the unscheduled, scenic route), I noticed that Avin still beat me by several miles. I had 130 miles total for my morning ride, Very satisfying indeed....
Later, By Bill Emond/Bob Lee

Private messageE-mail