Ural Demo Rides - April 1 - El Dorado

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
roginoz

Ural Demo Rides - April 1 - El Dorado

Post by roginoz »

I saw Betty, from 3-2-1- Kawasaki/Ural today. She told me that Ural's US distributor will have demo sidecar rigs in at their shop on April 1. The 2014 models are fuel injected, and have some other enhancements. If you'd like to try driving a sidecar, the address is 2405 W. Central (HWY 254) in El Dorado.

I rode one of the old models around the parking lot a while back. It was different, but fun. Tuesday, April 1 looks like a good day for a ride to El Dorado, a chili dog at Susie's, and a test ride on one of the new Urals.

Here's a link to the Ural website:
http://www.imz-ural.com/
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
SantaGreg

Re: Ural Demo Rides - April 1 - El Dorado

Post by SantaGreg »

Looks like pm rain now. Anyone thinking on doing this anyway? 2 wheels or cages?
roginoz

Re: Ural Demo Rides - April 1 - El Dorado

Post by roginoz »

I'm booked for 11:00, when they start. My wife's going along to ride in the sidecar, so we'll probably take the car. It's liable to be a bit cool for her when we leave home at 10:00, and we have some other appointments afterwards. I'm planning on lunch at Susie's Chili Parlor (100 block of south Main) after my demo ride.

It looks like Ural will have a Patrol and a Gear-up to demo. Both are (selective) two wheel drive, but I don't know that we'll be anywhere where engaging the hack wheel would be appropriate.

The preliminary reviews on the 2014 models sound like they've made some meaningful improvements: three wheel disc brakes, more useable power due to the fuel injection, and a hydraulic steering damper.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350