LUNCH 11 AM FEBRUARY 6, STANLEY JAMES SMOKEHOUSE, LAWRENCE, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

LUNCH 11 AM FEBRUARY 6, STANLEY JAMES SMOKEHOUSE, LAWRENCE, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

As I sit at my keyboard this morning I'm thinking about temperatures this weekend in the high 60's and it makes me start thinking about a motorcycle ride. Then I look at next Wednesday and a 30% chance of snow and temperatures with a high of 36 and it makes me start thinking about a motorcycle ride! Or at least meeting a bunch of friends who have motorcycles and may or may not ride them on Wednesday.

So I picked a place that might appeal to you whether you ride or not:

First, they open at 5 AM and that's just perfect for some of you.
2. They have a $5 lunch special every day that includes your choice of pulled pork or "Q" sandwich and choice of baked beans or coleslaw.
3. They serve breakfast until 11 and you can get a biscuit and gravy for $3.
4. They have seating for about 40 which should be plenty for Swanee, Marvin, at least one of the Larry's and me! ( Plus, if anyone else decides to show up, there will be room.)
5. This is a new place for us and you know how you all like to check out new places.
6. This is located in a gas station/quick shop so you know that the ambiance will be perfect for our group.
7. The BBQ is excellent. I've sampled it a time or two and can vouch for it.
8. You can get half a smoked chicken for $6.99. I don't know what the other half costs.
9. You might get to see 3 or 4 of your old ROMEO buddies.You know, the ones you used to see every Wednesday before it got too cold for old people to leave the house.
10. If you're looking for this place and you can't find a restaurant, then look for a Phillips 66 sign or a sign for a quick shop, turn in to that lot and you'll see a big sign for Stanley James Smokehouse on the building cuz it's in there.

So I've given you 10 good reasons to get out of the house and join us for lunch around 10:45 at:

Stanley James Smokehouse
1500 E. 23rd Street
Lawrence, KS

http://www.sjsmokehouse.com/menu/

Here's link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
https://tinyurl.com/y95zj3gt
Attachments
20180503_134426.jpg
20180503_134426.jpg (249.7 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
radon

Re: LUNCH 11 AM FEBRUARY 6, STANLEY JAMES SMOKEHOUSE, LAWRENCE, KS

Post by radon »

OMG! If I don't make it here for a biscuit and gravy, I'm a whooz or not interested enough!
rkochen

Post by rkochen »

I haven't been to a romeo ride in quite a while... The weather might dictate a truck trip. I need to get out of the house.
Robert (RJ) Kochen
18 BMW R1200GSA
IBA# 28541 * BMWMOA# 91071 * KCBMWMC * RomeoRiders
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: FEBRUARY 6, STANLEY JAMES SMOKEHOUSE, LAWRENCE, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

As I stepped onto my driveway this morning and practically slid down to the street it seemed like a great idea to just stay in this morning. But just in case anyone did decide to show up for lunch this morning I thought someone should be there to document it. So I reluctantly jumped (slowly) into my pickup and headed to the Stanley James Smokehouse just in case. Sure enough, when I walked in there were 4 ROMEOS sitting there visiting just like it was a perfectly normal thing to do! So props to those guys for showing up and kudos for the rest of you who had the good sense not to get out and risk life and limb on the streets!

And for the record, the BBQ was excellent! So sometime in the future we might set up another lunch here when you don't put your life at risk to get there! Since I will be out of town again next week, Bucky will be setting up a ride and I'm sure he'll come up with an excellent suggestion for your Wednesday ride.

By the way, apparently my announcement post of this week's ride offended someone. If it did, I sincerely apologize as that was not my intent. I try to inject a little humor into posts occasionally just to keep it interesting and apparently someone felt that I was being critical. Far from it, I appreciate what a great organization this is and one of the great things about it is a that there are no expectations placed on anyone to do anything other than show up if you feel like it. Or to not show up, it really is ok.
Attachments
This was the primary mode of transportation today.
This was the primary mode of transportation today.
Bucky, Bob, Steve and Craig were all  enjoying each other's company when I got there!
Bucky, Bob, Steve and Craig were all enjoying each other's company when I got there!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Grizzley

Post by Grizzley »

If your remarks offended someone, they have very thin skin
merrill

Post by merrill »

I agree with Grizzley I always enjoy all your comments even if I have'nt made any rides for quite awhile I keep track of all the rides. keep up the good work Mick. your non riding romeo for now Harold Jr.
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Mick, you do an excellent job planning for your Romeo group and write very creative :) invitations and follow-ups. Keep up the good work and be assured everyone appreciates your contributions.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Connie

Post by Connie »

You do an excellent job Mick and we appreciate you, your humor and everything you do for the ROMEO's. Even Ricky Nelson wrote a song about not being able to please everyone all the time! I am sure that given time to reflect on the job you do and everything that job entails, your critic has had second thoughts and would probably like to apologize to you. It is easy to criticize, but I didn't see anyone volunteering to take your place. Keep up the good job Mick - you help make the ROMEO's a fun organization to belong to.