NANA'S IRISH PUB, MIDDLETOWN, VA 12/4/19

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

NANA'S IRISH PUB, MIDDLETOWN, VA 12/4/19

Post by shoresr »

Roger - you know, I really want to ride with you today to Nana’s. (Actually, I really want to go to Nana’s). But my one outside thermometer says 33 degrees and the other one says 35 and it snowed on me for a short time while I was out with the dogs.
If it improves between now and 11:00, I might still go with you but Friday looks like a much nicer riding day.
Tom
Yes, Tom showed up and we had a very nice ride. We didn't leave till 11:00 am and it had really warmed up. In fact riding home my temperature gauge read 59 degrees. If I had known it was going to get that warm, I would have planned a longer ride. :lol:
IMG_9421.jpg
Tom wasn't as hungry as the rest of us
Tom wasn't as hungry as the rest of us
IMG_9423.jpg
SCOTTISH EGG
SCOTTISH EGG
SCOTTISH EGG
SCOTTISH EGG
I don't know what kind of soup this was but it was good
I don't know what kind of soup this was but it was good
FISH N' CHIPS
FISH N' CHIPS
SHEPARD'S PIE
SHEPARD'S PIE
SCOTCH eggs originated in the Whitby area of Yorkshire in the late 19th century. Originally they were not covered in sausage meat but in a rich, creamy fish paste before being sprinkled with breadcrumbs. ... Hence, over a period of time, the term Scotch eggs was adopted.
Scotch egg is actually a modern abbreviation of 'scotched' egg, which is it's true name. Scotching meat involves hacking it to either tenderise, or roughly mince, which refers to the sausage meat surrounding the egg. Something that is scotched is now generally regarded as being coated in breadcrumbs and fried, too
Tom said he wasn't very "adventuresome" when it came to food but he wanted to try the "SCOTTISH EGGS". We all had to try them and I think everyone thought they were quite good. It surprised me that they were served with a very large helping of sweet pickles and spicy mustard. It all went together very nicely.

Warren said the Shepard's Pie was his Irish favorite and John couldn't eat all the Fish n' Chips. Everyone took lots of food home. Nana's diffinitely gives you your money's worth.

The ride was nice and the company was awesome.