Lunch 11am May 8th Melvern, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am May 8th Melvern, Ks

Post by bucky »

:D :D Well Guys the last time we were here it was a rainy day and 8 of us showed up. Hope we have better weather this time.
See you at
Whistle Stop Cafe
117 SW Main St
Melvern, Ks
785-549-3575

All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

P.S.Has anyone seen Hoser lately?

Also this week Richards group is going to have there lunch on Monday. If you want to see the Flint Hills in all there spring glory, head out to Durham, Ks and have lunch with them. They eat at 12:30 so there is plenty of time to get there.

See you there
Bucky :lol: :lol:
jrlord1

Re: Lunch 11am May 8th Melvern, Ks

Post by jrlord1 »

I saw him when I looked in the mirror this morning, Pretty scarey sight! Been waiting on a side stand spring for my bike, Just got it Saturday. Ididn't see you at Cassoday this morning. Hoser :lol:
bucky

Post by bucky »

:D :D Hoser......Glad to here you are still alive and kicking. Was worried, hadnt seen or herd from you since last Cassaday.
See ya down the road.
Bucky
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

These ladies were hard at work, getting ready to feed the gang.
These ladies were hard at work, getting ready to feed the gang.
Hoser may be alive and kicking, but you wouldn't know it if you were counting noses at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Melvern today, because his big red one wasn't there. But there were 16 ROMEOS that showed up for lunch, with several others that wandered in late as the weather cleared. There were 12 bikes parked outside, although not all of them were there at the same time.[attachment=15]DSCN1603.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN1605.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN1604.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN1601.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN1602.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN1606.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN1610.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN1614.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN1608.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN1612.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN1613.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN1615.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN1617.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN1618.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN1600.JPG[/attachment]By the time the last of us cleared out around 12:15 it had warmed into the mid 60's and it was a beautiful ride home. I hear that Larry #2 even rolled his windows down just a little on the way home. All in all, nice gentle rain, fantastic food, and good company showed that once again, it was a great day to be a ROMEO.
Attachments
DSCN1603.JPG
Next door at the bank, it was 57 degrees, but there sure were some dirty bikes parked out front, especially the early arrivals.
Next door at the bank, it was 57 degrees, but there sure were some dirty bikes parked out front, especially the early arrivals.
The early arrivals.
The early arrivals.
That's Larry #2, wondering what all these two-wheeled machines were doing there.
That's Larry #2, wondering what all these two-wheeled machines were doing there.
Guys waiting outside for someone to ring the dinner bell.
Guys waiting outside for someone to ring the dinner bell.
This was the special, but you couldn't get it until shortly after 11.
This was the special, but you couldn't get it until shortly after 11.
For those that couldn't wait for the special, you could get the pork tender or breakfast right away.
For those that couldn't wait for the special, you could get the pork tender or breakfast right away.
But for those that could wait, the meatloaf special was certainly worth it!
But for those that could wait, the meatloaf special was certainly worth it!
DSCN1608.JPG
The kids' table.
The kids' table.
Some guys need closer supervision than others, but it was certainly a welcome addition.
Some guys need closer supervision than others, but it was certainly a welcome addition.
Another example of the festive nature of ROMEO.  Looks like someone got a chain saw for Christmas.
Another example of the festive nature of ROMEO. Looks like someone got a chain saw for Christmas.
Later arrivals, notice the bikes are cleaner.
Later arrivals, notice the bikes are cleaner.
These were the latest arrivals, shortly around noon.  Their bikes are very clean, but as I walked outside while they were ordering the lunch special, I heard the server explain to them, "if you weren't here to eat with the rest of the ROMEO's at 11, there's nothing left in the meatloaf pan but memories.  Here's the menu fellas!
These were the latest arrivals, shortly around noon. Their bikes are very clean, but as I walked outside while they were ordering the lunch special, I heard the server explain to them, "if you weren't here to eat with the rest of the ROMEO's at 11, there's nothing left in the meatloaf pan but memories. Here's the menu fellas!
Even the team photographer got his picture taken today.  Thanks Larry!
Even the team photographer got his picture taken today. Thanks Larry!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster