Romeo Fall Rendezvous Sept. 18-20

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
Klem

Romeo Fall Rendezvous Sept. 18-20

Post by Klem »

Once again Jr. has our Fall Rendezvous on the schedule. I will fill in more details as we get closer. The main event will be on Wednesday Sept. 19. That will be dinner together and then a gathering and general BS session.

There are special rates at the Hub so be sure to tell them you are a Romeo when you make your reservation. Most ride down on Tuesday and back on Thursday, but if the weather is nice some make a week of it.

Room rates are $50 a night for this event and Dinner will be at 1800 or 6:00 pm for those of you that can't tell time. It will be held at Scooters Restaurant.

The Hub P.O. Box 165, Marble Falls Ar. 72648
870-743-4062 or 800-597-9963
http://www.hubinfo.com

Here is the link to all the Romeo Rides this week:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Hope to see you there.

As aways ride or drive safe.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
TomK

Re: Romeo Fall Rendezvous Sept. 18-20

Post by TomK »

I made a reservation for a single quite some time ago and but had to cancel today. GO FOR IT! Sorry I can't make the fall outing.
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Hope this finds everyone enjoying the riding and Rendezvous! Some of you may know, but Mary missed the last step on her way down to the family room a week ago today and broke her left arm right below the shoulder socket. :cry: That's why we had to cancel joining everyone at The Hub. :cry: :cry: Hope someone got to enjoy our room as I read there was quite a waiting list. Anyway, please ride a few curves for us. Just got some pictures from fellow Romeo, Tom Smith, so will add them for others unable to attend. It sounds like a perfect time to be in the Ozarks. I hope Mary heals quickly so we can get some riding in before winter. Take care and please ride safe :!:

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. your Parkville Rider(s)
Attachments
20120919_074246.jpg
20120919_074301.jpg
20120919_074337.jpg
20120919_074406.jpg
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
hoser

Post by hoser »

Just got back, Here are the pictures I took yesterday. Hoser :D
http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt25 ... =slideshow
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

RR-2012.jpg
The picture above is the group picture. I got it from Hoser's Photobucket (previous post). Click on it to make it larger. He really did a good job of capturing the atmosphere of the event. The group picture is in his pictures and you can see it real well. Thanks Hoser!! I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle...

After Junior told me 2 times "Roger, if you write something up about the Fall Rendezvous don't forget to say...........", I said "Junior, do you want me to write something up about the Fall Rendezvous?" He said he would appreciate it so here are some things Junior asked me to say.

I am not sure how to take this but Randall, the owner of the Hub said the Romeos were the BEST GROUP that comes to the HUB. He said we don't tear up anything and we don't stay up all night drinking and being loud. Oh I remember those days...those were the "good ol' days". Did anyone stay up after ten? :lol:

Every night we had a good "chimney" campfire where most gathered and shared stories and enjoyed the beautiful weather. On Monday night, Shirley and Junior treated the early arrivals to Hot Dogs, Chili and Smores. Junior had to shell out for 28 people!! That was almost as many riders as had attended some of the earlier rendezvous in total!

Junior went to great lengths tallying up the sign in book that I read at the final diner. At this writing I can't find the list, so this may not be exact, but it will give you an idea.

We had 92 sign the book!!
We had 3 guys 80+ . Gibbo the senior member at 83!! Walt Hoffman and Duane "Spike" Spiker
13 Romeos in their 70's!!!
The rider that came the farthest was Lynn Trent, 842 miles, from Farmington Hills, MI. He was a guest and friend of Denny Sexton. Lynn has invited the Romeos to come to Farmington for lunch and who knows, we may just do that.
We counted 84 bikes. There were 33 Hondas, 22 Harleys, 17 BMWs, 5 Kawasakis, 2 Victory's, 1 Triumph and I don't remember Suzuki's and others, sorry.
I saw one tent, but there are several in Hoser's pictures and one camper trailer. Several guys brought their bikes on trailers but, put many miles on their bikes in the beautiful Arkansas Hills.

I announced that our Webmaster, Jerry Matson, who has moved from the Kansas City area to Houston wanted to make some improvements to the Romeo Website. Compared to other websites I see, our Romeo site is one of the best and it now contains a lot of information and history that many of us feel is important and we need to protect. Jerry advises that we need to install an automatic backup system that would preserve our site. The cost of hosting our site is $110 a year and Jerry has paid this personally since the website was launched 4 or 5 years ago, plus he designed it. Anyway, I put a bucket over on a table the last night and told the group it would be nice if we could send Jerry the $169 he needed for the hosting and backup and with 92 of us here, if anyone put in a dollar or two we would have more than enough money. I have never seen a bigger wade of ONE DOLLAR BILLS in my life. I think everyone in the place chipped in and we raised $200. That will cover all our costs for 2013! Thanks to all of you for helping and thanks to Jerry, for all he does for us!!!

Junior wanted me to thank everyone for coming and he hopes you had a good time. He said most of the comments about the Hub were favorable and some had already made reservations for next year!!

For all the Romeos I would like to thanks Shirley and Junior for inviting all of us to their great party. You are perfect HOSTS and we all had a great time. Thanks for all your hard work.

Your Romeo Friends

[attachment=11]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 013.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 019.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 018.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 015.JPG[/attachment]We had the largest number of ladies with us this year we have ever had. All Romeos are lucky to have the ladies that ride with us and the ladies that let us free to enjoy our passion. Thank you ladies. I think Tricia was our only lady rider on that big beautiful YELLOW BMW!! :mrgreen: [attachment=8]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 012.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 017.JPG[/attachment]I think those cows know when he leaves. He leaves and they get out!! :lol: [attachment=5]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 020.JPG[/attachment]The wait staff was at the Hub is very nice, but they have to put up with a lot :lol: [attachment=4]The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 026.JPG[/attachment]This nice young lady was really pushing the Brownie Sundae. Kenny said he just couldn't eat one all by himself, but if she would share it with him, he would buy one, he did and she did ;) Everyone had a good time.

I didn't take pictures because so many of you were taking pictures. Please share your pictures with the group. Hoser, you always take good pictures and share, thanks.
Arlington Hotel, Hot Springs, AR
Arlington Hotel, Hot Springs, AR
Hot Springs National Park  http://ironbuttnationalparks.blogspot.com/
Hot Springs National Park http://ironbuttnationalparks.blogspot.com/
On Wednesday, John and I rode down to Hot Springs so I could pick up a park and state. We had a great ride. We stopped by Russellville Honda, Largest Honda Dealer in Arkansas, where we looked longingly at Gold Wings.
Attachments
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 013.JPG
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 019.JPG
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 018.JPG
A "POLISH PRINCE'
A "POLISH PRINCE'
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 015.JPG
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 017.JPG
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 020.JPG
The Hub Fall Rendezvous 2012 026.JPG
th_100_1672_zps0c20e06a.jpg
th_100_1672_zps0c20e06a.jpg (5.29 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

Guys, I appreciate your support more than I can say here in a few words - I am humbled. Just want to thank all of you and I will try to keep the engine running in the background so you can enjoy the rides here on the web site.

Really miss riding with you guys!

Jerry
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage