Lunch September 9, 2009

Klem

Lunch September 9, 2009

Post by Klem »

Well Guys and Gals if indeed there are gals that ride in this group. I haven't been down that way in ages, so I am not to familiar with your group. As Bob stated in his last notice he is doing a little vacationing and wanted me to post the notice for your rides. The lunch ride for the 9th will be back to Junior's home town. The mid week storms that have been plaguing us lately kept a lot of you home and Bob promised a return trip to make up for it. Speaking of Junior, don't forget to make your reservations for the fall ride at the Hub. And if any of you ever wondered why that obnoxious green was adopted for the Romeo T shirts, you can blame that on your very own Avin. Yep that's the truth, many years ago when we first started with the shirts Avin said he wanted something bright that people could see. And as they say the rest is history. Don't forget that you are always welcome at any of the rides. I look at this as one group with four locations for the convenience of the riders. Sometimes it's good to heat up the wheel bearings a little.

Back to the business of the day. The place to meet will be

Lunch September 09, 2009

Angie D's
218 E. Main
Oxford Kansas, 67119

Enjoy the day and as always Ride Safe

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
roginoz

Re: Lunch September 9, 2009

Post by roginoz »

Being new to the group, I've only been on breakfast rides for our area (and, I seem to have managed to miss the last couple of those.) What time do we meet for lunch?
Thanks
Roger Smith
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Klem

Post by Klem »

The general time has moved from noon to 1100 hrs. The Eastern group is still pretty fluid on that anywhere from around 1000 to noon works. That is of course you are Larry or Larry then 0930 is more like it. I think Bob uses the 1100 also for his target time and probably a little fluid. It makes it a little easier for the cafe when we are spread out a little.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Thanks, Don. Sounds like a nice quick ride for lunch, if I can get a new tire here and mounted on the ST1300 by then. (I had a tread separation and lost a 1X3 chunk off the center of the front Dunlop RoadSmart.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350