Lunch 11am June 26th Williamsburg,Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am June 26th Williamsburg,Ks

Post by bucky »

:D :D After a nice lunch in Garnett with the south east group, Butch, myself, and Mick took a loop home. We happend by Guy and Mae's Tavern and stopped for a Diet Coke. While there the smell of that great Bar-B-Q just about had Mick speeking in toungs. It was making Butch and I start to think about ordering a small sandwich. But Mick finely was able to get out a word that was audable, and said. Hey why don't we have next weeks lunch here. So, See you all at

Guy and Mae's Tavern
119 W. Williams St.
Williamsburg, Ks

http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Bucky :lol: :lol:
TomK

Re: Lunch 11am June 26th Williamsburg,Ks

Post by TomK »

Doesn't Mick always speak in toungues? Thick tongue?
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Well, it was worth the wait for a week to get a taste of that famous Guy and Mae's BBQ and at least 51 ROMEO's took advantage of the opportunity. But it felt like they might have left the door to the smoker open this afternoon because the temperature was pushing 98 degrees by mid-afternoon.[attachment=16]IMAG0017.jpg[/attachment][attachment=15]IMAG0007.jpg[/attachment][attachment=14]IMAG0012.jpg[/attachment][attachment=13]IMAG0011-1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=12]IMAG0013.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11]IMAG0009.jpg[/attachment][attachment=10]IMAG0014.jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]IMAG0010.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8]IMAG0014-1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]IMAG0015.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]IMAG0016.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]IMAG0018.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]IMAG0019.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]IMAG0020.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]IMAG0021.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]IMAG0022.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]IMAG0023.jpg[/attachment]It was great to see such a nice crowd out enjoying each other's company, and after all, that's why we all ride. I believe it was just another great day to be a ROMEO!
Attachments
The gals must have been there bright and early because everything was ready to go when they opened the door at 10:30.  Surprisingly, they served all of us pretty quickly and no one had to wait very long.  Great job gals!
The gals must have been there bright and early because everything was ready to go when they opened the door at 10:30. Surprisingly, they served all of us pretty quickly and no one had to wait very long. Great job gals!
When I got there about 10:20 Larry 1,2 and John were leaned up against the wall, following the directions painted on the glass.  Didn't know they could actually follow directions.
When I got there about 10:20 Larry 1,2 and John were leaned up against the wall, following the directions painted on the glass. Didn't know they could actually follow directions.
There was Danny, serving as official greeter for Guy and Mae's staff.  Great work Danny!
There was Danny, serving as official greeter for Guy and Mae's staff. Great work Danny!
IMAG0011-1.jpg
Impressive line-up.
Impressive line-up.
Eagerly awaiting the dinner bell, Harold Jr., Harry, and Bucky are ready to jump into action when called.
Eagerly awaiting the dinner bell, Harold Jr., Harry, and Bucky are ready to jump into action when called.
Roger quickly moves into "pose" position.
Roger quickly moves into "pose" position.
IMAG0010.jpg
IMAG0014-1.jpg
IMAG0015.jpg
Dave and his grandson Chris shared a slab of ribs.  Harold Jr. supervised.  And by the way, Chris is the one in the middle.
Dave and his grandson Chris shared a slab of ribs. Harold Jr. supervised. And by the way, Chris is the one in the middle.
I'll guarantee that this is the best looking picture these guys have ever been in.
I'll guarantee that this is the best looking picture these guys have ever been in.
These combo sandwiches didn't last long.
These combo sandwiches didn't last long.
Don moved just a little too slowly to get out of this picture.
Don moved just a little too slowly to get out of this picture.
This is the half slab before...
This is the half slab before...
This is the half slab after...!
This is the half slab after...!
Mick is trying to explain to Ruth that she has to go in and get her own sandwich, she can't have part of his.
Mick is trying to explain to Ruth that she has to go in and get her own sandwich, she can't have part of his.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
bucky

Post by bucky »

:D :D Great pictures, and stories, Mick. They really add a lot to the ROMEO lunches and meets.
From all of us THANKS
John D Davis

Post by John D Davis »

What Bucky said +1. Now I know for sure just which one is Larry #1 and/or Larry #2 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: - damn but that was confusing :cry: . Thanks for straightening me out :lol: .
Drive now, talk later
Richard

Post by Richard »

Great write-up and I enjoy the pics. Great to see some of my old friends in 'em. Been some time since I've been there but it looks as good as ever! Richard
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

The "Other" Mick ;) from Lawrence sent these pics in...
06-27-2013 006.JPG
06-27-2013 005.JPG
06-27-2013 007.JPG
06-27-2013 010.JPG
06-27-2013 008.JPG
bucky

Post by bucky »

:D :D Well now it looks like we not only have Larry#1 and Larry#2. Now we have Mick and the other Mick.