Spring 2013 ROMEO RENDEZVOUS March 19th and 20th

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
bucky

Spring 2013 ROMEO RENDEZVOUS March 19th and 20th

Post by bucky »

:D :D OK We had a little trouble with the Motel we first picked. So Butch and I rode down to Eureka Springs and set a new Motel. We decided since our group is getting so large to use two motels this year.They are side by side.The main motel will be the RODEWAY INN with the 1876 INN taking the overflow. When you arrive, no mater what motel your in make sure you come to the RODEWAY INN to sign up and get the schedual of events. Make you reservations for March 19th and 20th at.
RODEWAY INN..........ph# 479-253-9501

1876 INN................ph#479-253-7183

Make sure you tell them you are a ROMEO.
These motels are on 62 hwy about half a block from where we useally go.

One other thing that Butch and I would like to share with you is. On you way down we would like everone to ride to Noel,Mo. From there take hwy 90 east to hwy 37. Hwy 90 is probably one of the best M.C. roads in the U.S. Rather you ride brisk or slow, it is fun and beautifull.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Noel ... 1&t=m&z=11

THINK SPRING
See you March 19th and 20th
Bucky :lol: :lol:
Rodeway Inn.JPG
Roadeway Inn Swiss
2015 East Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR
479-253-9501
http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-eureka_ ... nsas-AR135
1876 Inn.jpg
1876 Inn.jpg (15.78 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
1876 INN
2023 East Van Buren
Eureka Springs, AR
479-253-7183
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... ansas.html
roginoz

Re: Spring 2013 ROMEO RENDEZVOUS March 19th and 20th

Post by roginoz »

Has anyone been able to make contact with the Rodeway? I haven't been able to get anyone to answer the phone, and now I can't even get the recorded message about them remodeling and becoming something other than a Rodeway. It's less than three weeks to the event, and I can't make a reservation at this point.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Roger, I contacted them and made reservations some time back. I called today and they are answering the phone. Maybe the lines were down during due to weather. At any rate, give them another try.

Gary
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Richard

Post by Richard »

Guys - I just noticed Bucky and Butch's suggestion to ride hwy. 90 over from Noel to Eureka. It's a wonderful suggestion for a marvelous road but let me add just one more thing to it. Be sure to stop at Noel at the 66 convenience station right downtown and top up your tank whether you need gas or not. Why, you ask....to go inside before you leave. Inside behind the store is a backroom dining area with an ultra wide glass viewing area that looks directly down upon the 'Spring River'. If it's a nice day I can guarantee you will see canoes, rafts and tubes galore floating peacefully along direcly below. It's an awesome sight and one not to be overlooked. Actually, I can spend an hour or so just relaxing there, it's just that neat.
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I still can't reach the (former) Rodeway Inn; maybe they're still tied up with remodeling, but I'd think there would at least be a functioning answering machine. The 1876 Inn is answering their phone, and a really pleasant guy was happy to book me a room for $49 per night (and, my wife's dog is welcome to stay with us; I'll be hauling a bike down in the back of the pickup, since we've not been able to teach the dog to ride pillion...)

Now, if we can just get some good weather for the last day of winter and the first day of spring.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Best Weather Forecast I have found
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/eureka ... st/2091567

Sixty one on Tuesday and sunny. Wednesday a little cooler 53. Still good and a whole lot better than last year and still good for riding.

Still not too late to make reservations.

Hope to see you in Eureka Springs!!
Attachments
May not be Romeos but you get the FEEL!!  Ride Safe and come on!!
May not be Romeos but you get the FEEL!! Ride Safe and come on!!
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

One person's report of the first day of the Spring Rendezvous.

Here is a link to my pictures, maybe they won't be cut in half??
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir? ... feat=email

As Bill and Barton were leaving Kansas City they ran into a heavy wet snow that clung to their windshields like frosting on a cake. Both were thinking the other would suggest turning around, but neither did. Then it froze :o Their story was the worse and by the time we reached Eureka it was sunny 56 degrees and all were smiling. Bucky was looking at the forecast for Thursday the day we were scheduled to go back home and it didn't look good. Using his best judgement he decided to move everything up a day so anyone who wanted to go home Wednesday instead of Thursday wouldn't miss anything. No one agrued with Bucky's decision.

We have a nice group here. I didn't see the sign in book, but by my guess its is between 40 and 50. Some say about half cancelled. We have a nice number of ladies, a lot of motorcycles and a few cars. Everyone that is here today had a good day and are glad they are here.
Our day started with a Romeo breakfast/lunch at Gray's in Butler, MO. Randy was there and made sure everything went smoothly whether you just came for the meal or as a stop on the way to Eureka.
This was George's first Spring Rendezvous and Spike's 100th ;) Mike and Craig rode down to give everyone a good send off.
Paul is doing real well. It was nice of Dan and Glenda to bring him down to be with us.
Lloyd and first time Romeo Carol. Welcome Carol, sorry the trip is being cut short
Richard made it all the way from Lindsborg and invited everyone who doesn't want to go back in the snow to come with him to Mississippi and ride back on the Nachez Trace. I think Terry is going with him.
Ginger always takes a good picture.
And so does Gale (or Gail, sorry I never can remember how to spell your name)
Sorry, can't say the same for these two :o
Everyone gave Bucky a big Romeo Thank You for putting this together. So sorry we could enjoy all the hard work he and Butch put into it!!
Harry brought a first time Romeo. Welcome!!
The hamburgers at Sparky's were great. No one went away hungry.
After dinner we met back at the hotel and Bucky made a nice presentation and awards. This was followed by a long period of what the Romeos do best BS
Bucky, it might be a little short, big we had a fun time and we ALL are glad we came.
Thank you from all of us.

Sorry about my pictures. For some reason it cut off the right half. If you were in the right half of the picture, I am sorry. I am tire, it is late and I am going to bed!! Good Night and it was a good day!!

schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Due to the weather report for Thursday some adjustments were made by Bucky to get everyone home safely so the annual spring meeting was held on Tuesday evening following dinner at Sparky's. Bucky asked me to post some pictures of the proceedings so will do my best to acknowledge those that were recognized at the meeting. Forgive me if I misspell anyone's name!
Two Romeo HERO awards were given to Gen. Bob Lee and Ron Hempe for their dedication in assisting a fellow Romeo, Louie Cook.  Thanks guys for your compassion and caring for a fellow Romeo!
Two Romeo HERO awards were given to Gen. Bob Lee and Ron Hempe for their dedication in assisting a fellow Romeo, Louie Cook. Thanks guys for your compassion and caring for a fellow Romeo!
Spike was recognized for his service and dedication to motorcycling and to the Romeo's.  I'll bet we all wish we looked as young as Spike!
Spike was recognized for his service and dedication to motorcycling and to the Romeo's. I'll bet we all wish we looked as young as Spike!
Steve Schroeder was recognized for riding the farthest.  You would think that someone would ride the farthest to get away from Harry, not to ride with him.
Steve Schroeder was recognized for riding the farthest. You would think that someone would ride the farthest to get away from Harry, not to ride with him.
A new Romeo on his first Rendezvous. Welcome
A new Romeo on his first Rendezvous. Welcome
Two area coordinators meet for the first time.
Two area coordinators meet for the first time.
Three Romeo's who need supervision are finally getting it.
Three Romeo's who need supervision are finally getting it.
DSCN1492.JPG
Roger relaxing when he's not in charge.  He's also in good company!
Roger relaxing when he's not in charge. He's also in good company!
Our leader waxing eloquently, with Richard wondering who put this guy in charge?
Our leader waxing eloquently, with Richard wondering who put this guy in charge?
DSCN1494.JPG
Harry holding his nuts!  Nice of you to think of us.
Harry holding his nuts! Nice of you to think of us.
Santa and his new Toy.  Yep, that was really her name!??
Santa and his new Toy. Yep, that was really her name!??
Thanks to Bucky for all his work in organizing this event. Everyone had a great time, although there wasn't as much riding in the area as everyone would have liked due to the incoming storm. Weather was great for the ride down on Tuesday and was bright and sunny, although a bit chilly on Wednesday, as everyone made their way home or on to their next destination.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Guys - I have a lost and found pair of men's black leather gloves.
I was the last one to leave the room that we met in after supper tuesday nite and I found a pair on men's black leather gloves in what appears to be either a large or extra large. I took them over to the motel where most of us were staying at and placed 'em on the same table that Bucky had the sign in book on and left 'em with a note stating that they had been left in the other motel where we had the meeting. The gloves apparently went unnoticed because they were still there with the note attached at the time that I left.
I could have just left them there but by that time, many folks were already gone and many more were preparing to leave so I just picked 'em up and brought them on home with me so I can have a better chance of getting them back to their rightful owner.
If you have lost your gloves, these could possible be them.
Contact me with general description and I'll send them to you........I would hope for a better description than just four fingers and a thumb on each glove.
Richard Kurtz cell phone..785-822-5137
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Bob and Ron with their awards, presented at the South Central ride on March 27. (Photo courtesy of Harley Charlie.)
Attachments
Bob & Ron.jpg
Bob & Ron.jpg (68.65 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350