British Bike Gathering 9-16-12

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
Klem

British Bike Gathering 9-16-12

Post by Klem »

This is nothing formal and no prizes or awards. Just thought it would be fun to get some of the English stuff, be it old or new, together for viewing. Triumph are actually becoming fairly popular again and of course any one that rode bikes before the eighties was either a rider of English bikes or wanted to be.

So tell your buddies and anyone you know that might have an English bike to bring it to Burlingame. If you don't have an English bike, come anyway. Always fun to have a meal and talk bikes. Maybe we can turn this into a regular thing.

British Bike Gathering

September 16, 2012 at 1100 am.

Burlingame Kansas at the Santa Fe Cafe
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
BeemerBill

Re: British Bike Gathering 9-16-12

Post by BeemerBill »

Well, other than getting wet on our ride there, we had a great ride and time. It was so cool looking over the bikes and talking with everyone. You're a neat guy Don and I really enjoyed talking with you about the old bikes and whats offered now, and I think you really got it right with your comment on the new Triumph Bonnevilles, saying that they ARE what we remember our old Triumphs as being.... Time has a way of dulling the memory... Ha-Ha-Ha !!! Anyway, I sure LOVE my '02 Bonny. I am so glad you put this British gathering together, and I for one hope you'll make this an annual event. Again, great talking with you and everyone there. 275 miles round trip for me and my little Bonny today, and boy was it ever fun !!!! Oh and, wow, that was a fantastic meal (Bar-B-Q) they put out for us today, now I know why you like going there.
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude
Klem

Re: British Bike Gathering 9-16-12

Post by Klem »

Thanks to all that came to our Gathering of British bikes. I had no idea what to expect and was pleased with both the turnout and more important the enjoyment factor for those that attended.

Bill and Lee made the ride from Wichita, Brothers Ron And Don on their A65s from Emporia, and old Bonnie with two Commandos from Lawrence. A Tiger from Manhattan, a couple of Speed triples with the rest of the close to thirty bike field being filled out with New Bonnevilles in various forms.

As with anything we do, it is really about the people. The bikes we ride just help define who we are. Folks if you want to meet some real characters join us the next time we do this. Something about the character of the English Bike truly brings out the character of it's rider.

Thanks to all that participated and as always to our lovely hostess Jeanne.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough