Lunch Reading July 11,2012

Moderator: Al Hayes

Klem

Lunch Reading July 11,2012

Post by Klem »

Get out your parkas and winter boots it's going to be a high of only 90 degrees. At least that is what the weather man is saying a week before we ride. This has been a scary hot summer for just the first half of it. Here is hoping that the long range of a more moderate summer comes through. There are a couple of places that I would like to head to, but being a little longer ride I really want the weather to be a little better. I know for the most part you are adults and know your own comfort zone, but both for the restaurant and our sake, I don't like to crowd our limits.

Reta has the Miracle back in full swing. We have been here for lunch and pie since the new building and it is really nice having the extra room. She has been anxious to have us back in force I think just to show how much better she can handle things with the new kitchen. For you breakfast lovers, sorry you are almost out of luck. Reta starts serving about 0900, (she did say she would bump that a little for us) but limited breakfast. She has breakfast burritos and biscuits with gravy to hold you over until lunch. I think the lunch will start coming out a little earlier for us also.

So here is the deal, the weather is going to be better (cooler), A place where we seem to have a little more of a connection than some, so lets do it. A great morning ride, a nice visit, Then of course a great

Lunch 1100, Wednesday, July 11,2012

Miracle Cafe
103 Franklin Street
Reading, KS 66868
(620) 699-3009

http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Ride or drive Safe

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
Klem

Re: Lunch Reading July 11,2012

Post by Klem »

A successful day at the Miracle or at least I thought so. It seemed like the Front Porch was the best part. The guys stayed and talked for a long time and that's good.

Reta and the Miracle Cafe are a great example of small towns not giving up when there is little reason try. Everything a small town Cafe should be. They make you feel welcome, The food plentiful and good and they encourage you just to sit a spell.

Maybe we can talk the Wichita bunch into joining us here this fall for a combined ride.
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

I think you almost had a combined event today as many of the KC group showed up 8-) to enjoy Reta's Miracle Cafe. It's been a while since I'd been down in that country since traveling between Burlingame and Emporia in during my college days, so I was anxious to see how Reading had recovered from near destruction from the tornado. I saw continued building going on in this small town, but for the most part things were getting back to normal. It appears Reta did a great job rebuilding and offers a good menu to her local customers and an occasion ROMEO invasion. The food was plentiful but I think we left her with a bunch of pies, so you might keep your ride afterward a secret. ;) It got a little WARM on the way home with temperatures approaching 95, so the AC sure felt good when I got home. Sorry I didn't take more pictures, but I enjoyed the trip and made a couple new friends.

Gary
a.k.a Parkville Rider
Attachments
Welcome ROMEOs
Welcome ROMEOs
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
Mick, my new ROMEO PAL (as in principal)
Mick, my new ROMEO PAL (as in principal)
Last edited by Parkville Rider on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Gary, I enjoyed meeting you as well. That's what ROMEO is all about. Good
lunches in new places & meeting great people that love to ride. I'll look forward to seeing you again.
Mick Lowe
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Klem

Post by Klem »

"Parkville Rider"]I think you almost had a combined event today as many of the KC group showed up 8-) to enjoy Reta's Miracle Cafe. It's been a while since I'd been down in that country since traveling between Burlingame and Emporia in during my college days, so I was anxious to see how Reading had recovered from near destruction from the tornado. I saw continued building going on in this small town, but for the most part things were getting back to normal. It appears Reta did a great job rebuilding and offers a good menu to her local customers and an occasion ROMEO invasion. The food was plentiful but I think we left her with a bunch of pies, so you might keep your ride afterward a secret. ;) It got a little WARM on the way home with temperatures approaching 95, so the AC sure felt good when I got home. Sorry I didn't take more pictures, but I enjoyed the trip and made a couple new friends.

Gary
a.k.a Parkville Rider
[/quote]
Thats the way it's always been Gary. A big part of both groups attend both rides. It varies on where the ride is, and it is the same with the South Eastern, filled with both Kansas City and Eastern riders. The true fact is we are just Romeos, doesn't matter where you are from or where you go.
Thanks for the pictures, I just never got into doing that and the guys seem to like it a bunch. See you Tuesday.

Don