DARK HORSE TAVERN, FLINT HILL, VA

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

DARK HORSE TAVERN, FLINT HILL, VA

Post by shoresr »

After today's motorcycle club meeting seven of us headed off to the Dark Horse Tavern in Flint Hill, VA. The forecast was for rain, but it wasn't suppose to start till late afternoon.

By the time I got everything collected from the morning meeting everyone was on their bikes waiting for me. Alan had obligations in the morning, so he joined us for lunch after the meeting. This was his first ride with his new Cardo Intercom. Try as we might we couldn't get everyone connected.
We had wasted enough time and weren't making any progress so we headed off without communication. WE MISSED WARREN, our Cardo Guru. John and I could talk because we were still connected from our Ironbutt ride. When we turned on Hudson Hollow John said two riders were missing. :o
I turn on Hudson Hollow to wait. John said the two riders missed the turn on Hudson Hollow and went straight. Oh my. I decided to go on to Apple House and call Jeanmarie on my phone, which I did. Jeanmarie had been stung by a bee on the leg and had stopped. Dave had stopped with her.
ALL OF THIS CONFUSSION COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF I HAD TAKEN THE TIME TO GET EVERYONE CONNECTED :roll: :x Lesson one learned :!: We got organized and headed on down 55 to Leeds Manor Road. We turned south on Leeds Manor. Low and behold a mower had proceeded us and thrown all sorts of sticks, trash and rocks onto the road. Without communication I was unable to warn the group of upcoming hazards. Lesson 2 learned.
Communication between riders is very important and makes riding together a lot safer. IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO GET HOOKED UP.

So, on we went to Flint Hill. The four o'clock storm was arriving early. To the south of us it was pitch black and to the southeast it was pouring rain. You knew this was coming toward us. I thought about getting to 522 as fast as I could and head back to Trilogy, but I thought I would wait and take a poll at Flint Hill. No rain but dark clouds all around us but no one wanted to go home :o I was shocked and impressed. My how things have changed. While we were eating it POURED. :shock: By the time we finished eating it had stopped and we never had a drop off rain fall on us :!:

While at lunch we were able to get everyone connected. I said it was too bad Warren wasn't along to suggest ICE CREAM. Jeanmarie spoke up and said, "We are going right past Spelunkers, aren't we :?: " So Spelunkers it was.

Good meeting, good ride, good friends, fun day.

image006.jpg
image005.jpg
image001.jpg
Jeanmarie wanted to be prepared in case it rained
Jeanmarie wanted to be prepared in case it rained
image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg