2024 VIRGINIA GRAND TOUR

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

2024 VIRGINIA GRAND TOUR

Post by shoresr »

The Virginia Grand Tour consists of 15 mostly obsure checkpoints scattered strategicly around the state. To reach these insignificant locations you are forced to travel some of the most beautiful roads in Virginia. To prove you have successful found these "obsure" :o locations you are requested to answer a trivial question, which is difficult to answer without a "first hand" account. You have six months to visit at least 12 of the 15 checkpoints and answer correctly the "brain twisting" :shock: questions. After completing this awesome challenge you are awarded a "priceless" pin for your accomplishment, unless you already have earned a pin, then you only recieve a bar with the year on it. I just completed my third Virginia Grand Tour and hope to receive my 2nd bar. ;)

I only moved to Virginia a few years ago. There is no other way, I can think of, that would be a better way to see the state. I can say there AREN'T many parts of the state I haven't seen. On my quest this year I included the National Transportation Museum in Roanoke, the Back of the Dragon, Burke's Garden, the Omni Hotel in Hot Springs, Virginia's Crooked Road Music Trail, Virginia's Coal Industry Museum and many scenic mountain and river roads.

To make ALL 15 checkpoints and an eclipse I rode 1,666 miles with a moving time of 32 hours.

The Virginia Grand Tour is sponsored by the Honda Riders of Tidewater, Norfolk, VA and is a fund raiser for THE PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR FOUNDATION.

I made a google album of some more of my pictures. I tried not to give away too many of the anwers to the question. If you are interested here is a link to my pictures

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5a56heYWjPbC58vE8

b010image.jpg
b006image.jpg
b007image.jpg
b008image.jpg
b009image.jpg
b011image.jpg
b012image.jpg
b013image.jpg
b003image.jpg
b002image.jpg
b001image.jpg