PALE FIRE BREWING CO, BAYSE, VA

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

PALE FIRE BREWING CO, BAYSE, VA

Post by shoresr »

Alan did a great job today. He kept me confused all day. I never knew where I was, and when I was there I was still lost :lol: We were suppose to be going to Pale Fire Brewing. When we pulled up for lunch, and the sign said Burnt Barrel Bar and Restaurant :?: :roll: I thought we were going to a brewry ;) We went in and sat down.
b001image.jpg
We ordered. There wasn't one single beer on the menu. :o Then I saw a sign that said "BAR DOWNSTAIRS" :idea: Ah, I figured that's where the beer is and we are in the wrong place. :( So, I ventured downstairs and found a beautiful bar, pool table, dart board, but no people and no sign of Pale Fire Brewing Co :!:
b008image.jpg
b002image.jpg
I was at a total loss for what was going on, and Alan wouldn't tell me anything.

The tree pruners above the miniture golf course provided a lot of entertainment during lunch
b010image.jpg
Make sure you have someone your can trust on the end of your rope!!!
Make sure you have someone your can trust on the end of your rope!!!
b004image.jpg
Now, tell me that building doesn't look CLOSED!!  No like a brewery!!!
Now, tell me that building doesn't look CLOSED!! No like a brewery!!!
b003image.jpg
After lunch Alan starts walking over to the other building in the parking lot. No cars in front of it, I assumed he was going to get some ice cream. This couldn't be the BREWRY. :shock:
b012image.jpg
b009image.jpg
The sign says "we do not extend credit to skiers"
The sign says "we do not extend credit to skiers"
But it was, we had finally found the Pale Fire Brewry and we brought some home.
Note, we didn't drink and ride.  We brought it home.
Note, we didn't drink and ride. We brought it home.
b016image.jpg
b015image.jpg
THE VILLAGE OF ORKNEY SPRINGS, VIRGINIA
Nestled among the trees at the foot of Great North Mountain in the Shenandoah Valley is the beautiful, serene community of Orkney Springs.
From the days when the elegant and historic Orkney Springs Hotel (currently the Shrine Mont Conference Center) was host to hundreds of guests from throughout the country coming to take advantage of the healthful “cold water springs,” this little town has been a place to get away. And since the 1920s, it has also been home to a respite of a different sort—Shrine Mont, a conference center of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia.
Alan strived to make this the perfect Dudenbostel ride, BEER AND ICE CREAM :o :shock: :lol: New Town Creamery is open
b006image.jpg
b005image.jpg

Thanks Alan, for a good ride and a fun day. I enjoyed just tagging along and enjoying the scenery.

This truly was a good ride of "sweepers" and beautiful views, of mountains and valleys. Below is the REVER link to Alan's track of this ride. I would encourage you to ride it.

https://go.rever.co/S8zV6LEDZHb