Hello from Wichita..........

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
Woody469

Hello from Wichita..........

Post by Woody469 »

Hi, I am a 47 year old, I've been riding 39 years pretty actively! I have gotten my wife into the sport of motorcycling as well in the last 2 years! I mostly ride on the weekends currently so I guess I wont get to ride with many of you until I retire I take it! LOL..... I live in Wichita and have pretty much my whole life! I did 2 years at Votech Motorcycle Mechanics in 80-81 as an adult under the phenominal instruction of Bob Lee which I notice is a key member here. I grew up down the street from Bob and used to pester him everytime my bike wouldnt start or back fired or any other excuse I could find to go see what Bob was working on today!! Bob was a huge inspiration on my childhood and I thank him dearly for all the time and kindness he spent on this brat from down the street, he truely is a special man!
Anyway, I currently work in the aircraft industry at Spirit Aerosystems and have for many many years, I spent the last 13 years as an Overhead Crane Operator and am now training for Automated Ground Vehicles for the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner program! I currently ride a 2003 Honda 919 (CB900F) and my wife rides a 2004 Honda 599 (CB600F)....
This is my 919.........

And this is the wifes 599.....

BeemerBill

Re: Hello from Wichita..........

Post by BeemerBill »

Hey Woody, Welcome aboard..... I too have spent most of my life in Wichita and I think you'll find a big majority of us here agree completely with what you said about Bob. I consider myself lucky to be able to call him "my friend"..... You should check around, as quite often there are a few who go for a breakfast or lunch ride on Saturdays also, not always but often enough. Hey, those are nice looking bikes you've got there.
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude
Woody469

Post by Woody469 »

Thanks for the welcome BeemerBill! I appreciate it! I will definitely keep a lookout for a weekend ride, I would love to meet some of you to ride with! I have a couple other groups I ride with sometimes but I guess I'm getting old, I dont like being passed at 120 on the rear wheel anymore!! I have rode wit Bob Troxel a time or two and really loved his pace, so much better for me! I didnt get to this age by being a complete fool and I'm tired of stopping and making arrangments to get crashed bikes picked up off the side of the road everytime I go out with new people!!
shovelmike

Post by shovelmike »

Welcome, Woody, I trained as an Automotive Tech in Junior College back in the day then put in a 32 year career with Ford. I'm mostly self-taught on the cycles...much of the auto stuff crosses over. We could get into some long and enjoyable conversations.
I've owned a number of Japanese brands over the years and have enjoyed riding and working on them. My first was a Honda 160: When it came time for a ring and valve job I tore it down and was amazed to see that it was a hemi head (which was a hot thing in the auto world), albeit a tiny one.
Now riding Harley since '85 largely because of their simplicity and great aftermarket support. Ride safe and God bless, Sincerely: Shovelmike.
Woody469

Post by Woody469 »

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the warm welcome!