North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 11/15/23

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 11/15/23

Post by Roadpounder »

Here's one I've been looking at for quite some time, but the weather hasn't been very cooperative. Usually too hot. It's a pretty good hike but Wednesday is supposed to be a good day with a high of 70*. I know I'm kind of rolling the dice on this one, relying on a forecast a week out, but I think this place is worth it. If you like fried chicken, this is the place to be.

Panic ensued in my garage this week. I hopped on Suzi to run an errand only to find a dead battery. :x NOW WHAT?!? I had to run these errands so I fired the Goose up despite the sketchy cam chain. At the end of my adventures for the day I put Suzi on the charger for the night. The next morning I was encouraged to find the battery fully charged and a quick charging system check showed that it was putting out a good charge. :D Cautiously optimistic I pushed Suzi out and went on with the tasks at hand. Later in the day I needed to chase more parts, but Suzi had different plans. The battery barely turned the starter. :x GREAT! The battery isn't holding a charge. Time for a new battery. Well. my Quota has an undersized battery so I figured I'd just put it in Suzi. Well, true to form, the posts are on the wrong sides and it's 1/4" too wide to fit. :cry: Gotta cough up the cash for a new Battery. The only other option is to quit riding, and that is NOT an option! Suzi now has a new battery and all is well. SO FAR. Who knows what other catastrophe is waiting to befall me.

It looks like the forecast is holding and tomorrow should be a great fall day. The ride from Salina is about 2:15 so a launch time from the Rodeway Inn @ 9:45 should work.

TIME....................12:00

Here it is..............Olpe Chicken House
8 East Highway 99,
Olpe, KS 66865

Phone (620) 475-3386

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/Olpe-Chicken-H ... 0682943361

Web Page.............

Map site..........https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez