NOV. 1, 11:00 AM, HELEN'S HILLTOP BAR & GRILL, TONGANOXIE, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

NOV. 1, 11:00 AM, HELEN'S HILLTOP BAR & GRILL, TONGANOXIE, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

This week is a ride to a place that is a blast from the past. The last ROMEO ride to Helen's Hilltop was in March, 2013. This is a true motorcycle hangout and the floors might be a little uneven and the decor might have been last updated in the 1950's but the food is the real deal and they appreciate and cater to bikers. When the hamburger choices range from the Fat Boy to the Panhead to the Ultra Classic, you know you're in the right place for a motorcycle lunch.

Now the temps might not be ideal with a high in the low 50's predicted but it is supposed to be sunny and not too windy. So get out your fur-lined girdle and your heavy socks or just plug in, but it should be a good day to ride or you could get in your car if that's the way you roll.

Oh, and by the way, DON'T GO TO HILLTOP MARKET in Easton. This lunch is going to occur at the Hilltop Bar & Grill just west (2.8 miles if you're heavily in need of facts) of TONGANOXIE on Hwy 16. (I guess you could go to the Hilltop Market but you'll miss the ROMEO ride.)

They don't open until lunch so let's meet at 11:00 at:

Helen's Hilltop Bar & Grill
19611 McLouth Road
Tonganoxie, Ks 66086

IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg
IMG_3754.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
[/size]
IMG_2425.jpeg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: NOV. 1, 11:00 AM, HELEN'S HILLTOP BAR & GRILL, TONGANOXIE, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It was a beautiful bright, sunny day for a motorcycle ride with temperatures in the low 30's to start the morning and low 40's by the time I got home. And 20 ROMEO's took advantage of the day, most on motorcycles, to get out and ride for a nice lunch and some fellowship at the Hilltop Bar & Grill just outside of Tonganoxie. I suspect everyone found a nice longer route home from lunch to take advantage of the day! I know our Lawrence crew did.

I have enjoyed setting up rides during October to give Al a break, but I know he's itching to get back in the saddle. So expect him to surprise you next week with a fabulous scenic location, a free lunch and a drawing for a free pony.

And now for a few pics to share with those of you who didn't get a chance to join us today or for those of you who did to prove to your significant other that you did indeed go out for lunch with a bunch of old folks!
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg
I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING HERE BEING SAID IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING HERE BEING SAID IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
IMG_3763.jpeg
IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg
IMG_3767.jpeg
IMG_3768.jpeg
JUST A SECOND, LET ME CHECK TO SEE IF I HAVE MY WALLET AND I'LL BUY YOUR LUNCH! YEAH, RIGHT.
JUST A SECOND, LET ME CHECK TO SEE IF I HAVE MY WALLET AND I'LL BUY YOUR LUNCH! YEAH, RIGHT.
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3771.jpeg
TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!
TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!
WELCOME TO NORM, A FIRST-TIME ROMEO FROM LEAVENWORTH.
WELCOME TO NORM, A FIRST-TIME ROMEO FROM LEAVENWORTH.
AND MICK S. GAVE THE LASAGNA A TRY.
AND MICK S. GAVE THE LASAGNA A TRY.
THE LADIES HAVE A SITTING ROOM IN THEIR REST ROOM.
THE LADIES HAVE A SITTING ROOM IN THEIR REST ROOM.
EVEN A LITTLE EYE SURGERY WON'T KEEP YOU FROM HAVING LUNCH WITH THE ROMEOS!
EVEN A LITTLE EYE SURGERY WON'T KEEP YOU FROM HAVING LUNCH WITH THE ROMEOS!
THE PORK TENDERLOIN LOOKED PRETTY GOOD.
THE PORK TENDERLOIN LOOKED PRETTY GOOD.
IMG_3779.jpeg
ALL IS WELL IN THE HILLTOP KITCHEN.
ALL IS WELL IN THE HILLTOP KITCHEN.
IMG_3781.jpeg
[/size]
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster