South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 20, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 20, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We've been north and west recently. Time to head south next week. We tried to go to the Red Barn back in June, but got rained out. (Brian and I did show up, in a truck.) The Red Barn has all the standard cafe offerings, and they serve breakfast all day.

There may be a slight chance of rain, depending on which forecast you listen to. If it looks too damp on Wednesday, hop in the car or truck. Or, put on some rain gear and do the tough but dumb statement of principle thing.

Caldwell is about sixty miles, or an hour's ride, south and slightly west of Wichita. You can get there via the Kansas Turnpike and US166/US81/US166, or by way of K42 and K49. There's only about ten minutes difference between routes. Coming from Wichita, there's a nice ride via some of the back roads; I may leave a little early and enjoy the Clearwater and Anson Road route. The Red Barn is at the south end of Caldwell; it'll show up on the east side of the road right about the time you think you've missed it.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, September 20

PLACE:

The Red Barn
624 S. Main
Caldwell, KS
(620) 845-2171

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, September 20, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Red Barn on south Main Street in Caldwell Kansas USA served up many various meals. Most were breakfast, maybe a couple lunch meals. Quick-friendly service, great food and at a very very reasonable cost. <--- all that is fact! Wonderful place to chow down with friends. We keep going back, great food says so. That said, there is a niggle. The lighting made it very hard for the photographer to settle on white balance, so the photos suffer a tad.

We had 18 Romeos today on 18 motorcycles. The 18 machines rolled 1155 total miles to The Red Barn, and several ran more mileage going home.
Moundridge Ron was top distance rider with his 107 one way miles from Moundridge. Gary Lorei rode in on a brand spanking new Harley Trike - we congratulate Gary.

Lets do it again next week. Roger will post the ride directly. See ya then - and see the few snaps below
Attachments
1195.jpg
1197.jpg
1200.jpg
1202.jpg
1203.jpg
1204.jpg
1212.jpg
1214.jpg
1219.jpg
1228.jpg
1230.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T