How to make your display font larger

This forum is for tech "how-to" posts and to ask technical questions about the forums.
JerryM100

How to make your display font larger

Post by JerryM100 »

I have wondered for years if there was a way to make the font just a little bit bigger in these forums. I finally found a way to do it!

First, a quick tip. For any website or any page in your browser, just press the control ('command' key on a Mac) and "+" (plus) keys at the same time. This zooms the page in to make everything larger. You can do this several times to really make it big.

Conversely, you can press control and "-" (minus key) to make everything smaller (zoom out). And if you completely lose control press control and the zero key to reset to 100% zoom (normal).

But that affects all of the web pages in your browser and you may not want that.

So to make the changes only in these forums I have installed an 'extension' (add-on program) that makes it possible. This is a setting that each person has to change for themselves, it is not global.

To do this click on your username in the upper right corner, then select "User Control Panel".

Then you will see the main menu:
Screenshot - Romeos User Control Panel menu.jpg
Screenshot - Romeos User Control Panel menu.jpg (15.54 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
Then click on the third tab from the left, "Board Preferences".
Screenshot UCP Board Preferences.jpg
Screenshot UCP Board Preferences.jpg (50.77 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
Down at the bottom of that screen you will see several choices.
Screenshot - Larger Font choices.jpg
Screenshot - Larger Font choices.jpg (24.66 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
The important one is "Would you prefer the font to be larger? The default size is 130% which I think is too much. I would change that to 120% and test it out (you can change it again and play around with it). Change the selection to 120% and click the "Yes" button, then click "Submit" to make the change. You may not see it immediately so just click on another menu option to make the screen refresh. Voila! Much better!

Note if you view the forums on your cell phone you can change the font size specifically for mobile devices.

Finally, you can make all the text everywhere to be bold if you want.

I hope you find this useful!!

Jerry

PS. Sometimes people make their posts using the 'large' font to make it easier to read. If you make this change all the 'normal' size posts will be a little larger but the 'large' font posts will appear REALLY big! Not a big deal, not many posts are large, just understand why when you see these.
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage