South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 19, 9:30 AM

roginoz

South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 19, 9:30 AM

Post by roginoz »

NOTE: WE'RE STILL DOING BREAKFAST MEETINGS DURING JULY AND AUGUST. IF YOU SHOW UP AT LUNCHTIME, YOU'RE LIKELY TO SEE US RIDING OUT OF TOWN.

It's been about a year since we visited the Red Rooster Cafe in Harper. The food is pretty good, especially the breakfast. It's hard to find Eggs Benedict at a small town diner, but the Red Rooster has them as well as all the usual breakfast offerings.

The Red Rooster is located towards the west end of town on the north side of the main east-west street (Hwy 160,) just across from the Casey's store. There's parking on both sides of the building. Watch your speed as you're coming into town; I've heard that the Harper police are particular about their speed limits.

Harper is about fifty miles, and fifty minutes, from Wichita or Mulvane. There are some scenic options for the ride home, including K-14 north to K-42 through Rago, Adams, and Norwich.

If you have a favorite breakfast location, let me or Charlie know. We have six more breakfast rides to schedule before we switch back to lunches in September.

TIME:

9:30 AM, Wednesday, July 19

PLACE:

Red Rooster Cafe
524 W. 14th
Harper, KS 76058
(620) 896-2409

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 19, 9:30 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Red Rooster Café was on it today! Handled us as if we go and dine there daily. I really enjoyed my all meat omelet, and all that I spoke with were very pleased with their meal too. The server gals really know how to get the work done. AND - what a perfect day to ride!!? No wind, cool to be just right for a ride in comfort. Smack on awesome Mid-July ROMEO day today.

We had 17 riders on 17 bikes today. Long distance rider was Moundridge Ron with 80 one way miles on his sweet Harley. The short riders were not wimpy, 45 each from Haysville. The 17 bikes rolled 877 total miles to the Red Rooster. In all a fantastic ROMEO day, I say.

See the images below. And check where we ride next week when Roger settles a location. If not post now, check back. Good Day
Attachments
00.jpg
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T