IRONBUTT "Saddle Sore" Ride 6/25/23

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

IRONBUTT "Saddle Sore" Ride 6/25/23

Post by shoresr »

At 5:00 am on Sunday June 25, 2023 John L. and I undertook the challenge of riding 1000 miles in 24 hours. We started in Front Royal, VA and took a route that was 500 miles long to Winchester, KY, where we took a break to eat our "Subway" sandwiches before beginning the return trip to Front Royal.

We started the ride just as the sun was coming up. On the ride going north to Hagerstown, MD we enjoyed a magnificent sunrise to the east. From Hagerstown we headed southwest through West Virginia. The ride from Morgantown, WV to Charleston, WV was terrific. The speed limit was 70 mph. We had our cruise control set on 77 mph. The road was full of mountain "sweepers" with suggested speeds of 60 mph (for trucks), and I don't think we took our cruise controls off for 200 miles. It was this motorcyclist dream. And, by leaving from Front Royal and returning by the same route, we got to do it all again. ;) :P

After a beautiful ride we returned to Front Royal a little before 8:00 pm. I rode 1006 miles, in 14:46 which included 5 gas stops. We made very quick gas stops, but the time stopped was still 1:23 :!: Most of the time I was able to have my cruise set on 77 mph. My max speed of 94 was only temporary to catch John or to get out of "harms" way. Both of us being on Gold Wing's made riding together super easy and fun. John, does a highway commute to work each day and is an excellent highway rider. I really enjoyed following him. It was a glorious day.
John at 5:00 am ready to ride!
John at 5:00 am ready to ride!
Beginning mileage
Beginning mileage
Half way, Winchester, KY
Half way, Winchester, KY
TWO HONDA GOLD WINGS
TWO HONDA GOLD WINGS
Trip odometer at end of trip
Trip odometer at end of trip
Final gas receipt and miles
Final gas receipt and miles
John at the end of the trip
John at the end of the trip
REVER TRACKER of the RIDE
REVER TRACKER of the RIDE
CONGRATULATIONS JOHN, JOB WELL DONE :!: ;)

YOU NOW HAVE AN IRONBUTT :o :roll:
Parkville Rider

Re: IRONBUTT "Saddle Sore" Ride 6/25/23

Post by Parkville Rider »

Very impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT