South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 10, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 10, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

One of the guys last week asked to go back to Lila's. I was planning to schedule it, but the weather looks like it may take a turn for the worse. I don't want to risk such a small place ordering extra food to accommodate us and then have a poor turnout due to weather. I'll get us back to Lila's when the forecast is a little more positive.

In the meantime, we'll head back to a relatively new favorite in Conway Springs. We've been to the Stock Tank a couple of times and really enjoyed the food and service. The menu includes burgers, sandwiches, Mexican food, and salads; there is also a daily lunch special. I have lunch there frequently, and everything I've had has been good. They don't open until 11:00, so there's not much need to arrive early.

Fifth Street (also known as K-49) is the main north/south drag through Conway Springs. Spring Street is a couple of blocks south of the Casey's, with the Stock Tank just east of Fifth Street on the south side of the road. It's fewer than thirty miles from Wichita (via K-42 and K-49,) probably less for the Derby/Mulvane crew coming in on the southerly route. It's a bit over a half hour if you're observing the speed limits.

If the rain shows up early, jump in the car or truck and head to Conway Springs. It's not too far, and the food and company will be worth the trip. If the weather looks good, there are plenty of options for a longer ride there or home.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 10

PLACE:

The Stock Tank Bar and Grill
113 E. Spring
Conway Springs, KS 67031
(620) 456-2214

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 10, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Stock Tank Bar and Grill opened spot on at 11AM and was ready to cook up the awesome grub. The food and service is spectacular, truly spectacular.

We had 12 ROMEO today, all rolled in on two or three wheel motorcycles. Total mileage one way was 599 miles. The long distance rider was Moundridge Ron with 71 miles. Brian was low mileage with 28 miles. Roger and I tied mileage wise at 31 miles (my mileage was scribble and looks as 51). Nice ride today, clear sky and very comfy temps. Oh, and again, so so good food!!

Reminder that the memorial ride for Jerry Michaelis is Saturday @ 3PM, lasting an hour and leaving from Twister City H-D.

Next Wednesday some of us will be at the rendezvous in Arkansas. Others will be meeting for weekly lunch to be announced soon.

Photos-
Attachments
6081.jpg
6082.jpg
6084.jpg
6087.jpg
6090.jpg
6091.jpg
6093.jpg
6094.jpg
6097.jpg
6099.jpg
6100.jpg
6102.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T