South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 26, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 26, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I was planning to run us out west to Arlington next week, but the forecast currently calls for a really high chance of rain. We'll get back to Carolyn's when the weather is a bit more amenable to riding. Staying in close will make travel by four wheels more tolerable, and it will give us a chance to re-visit an old favorite in Augusta.

The group was at Sugar Shane's a couple months ago (I was having knee surgery at the time,) but it's always a sure bet for good food and good service.

Sugar Shane's is located at the corner of 5th and State in Augusta. The menu is pretty varied: sandwiches and wraps, pizza, pasta, meatloaf, etc. There's also a daily special, which I always forget to check. Everyone ought to find something to their liking. They don't open until 11:00, so if you're one of the early birds you can do some tire kicking beforehand. We'll be in the south room, as usual.

If the weather improves unexpectedly, we can always ride. If the rain materializes as predicted it's not too far for a trip via car or truck. Regardless of the mode of arrival, we'll have a good meal with good friends.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 26

PLACE:

Sugar Shane's
430 S. State St.
Augusta, KS
(316) 201-1099

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 26, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Water from the sky did nothing more than a few spots on my windshield as I drove the ROMEO today. About the same on return. Fingers crossed for actual rain, daily until next ROMEO. We need drenched!

Sugar Shane's opened a few minutes early, and the young lady gave us excellent service and attention. She suggested I have the chicken over the chicken fried steak, which was very good choice for me, great taste. The beans n cornbread was served to a few, but most ordered from the menu. Including the 3 dollar mandatory tip I was past 21 dollars, it's not the cheapest place but the food and service is always wonderful.

We had 14 ROMEO show today. No riders, all drove in car or truck rigs. Lets do it next week. Rog will post the location, usually by Friday night. Check back to see where.

Do scroll the few photos below -
Attachments
6044.jpg
6052.jpg
6054.jpg
6046.jpg
6056.jpg
6048.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T