South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 12, 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Lets try a new place this week. Fact is I have 3 new places, so we need to start knocking them down. First up is the Route 77 Rock Café, in Rock Kansas. Years past we have been there, but so long ago and a few new café managers since. I've scouted this a couple times with help from Jr Wege, we both give it thumbs up for a go. I'm sure you will like it too.

The café address is 301 S. Winter Street. That said, it is on the west side of Kansas 77 highway, 17 miles south of Augusta or 5 miles north of 77/15 highway intersection. You can't miss it as it is one of only two businesses in Rock. They offer a Wednesday special (2 actually) Burgers or Chicken Wings with trimmings, plus full menu of meals. And, breakfast is served until 11AM.

Rock is 25 miles for Mulvane/Derby/Augusta/Winfield riders and about 55 for Wichita riders. Cash and cards are accepted payment. Parking is plentiful around the café, and across street north is a vacant lot for parking. The temps strongly suggest riding weather, so lets throw a leg over, crank them up and ride the motorcycles!

See you there -

TIME: 11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 12th, 2023

PLACE:

Route 77 Rock Cafe
301 S. Winter Street
Rock Kansas USA
(620) 986-5442

MAP: Gary will have a map up at the following link: https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 12, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Route 77 Rock Café was ready and waiting for us. One server, 2 cooks and another was doing it very skippy for us ROMEO's today. Many had breakfast, many had lunch meals. Whatever was ordered it came out fresh and tasty, and plentiful with large portions. Lets give two thumbs up for the Rock Café.

We had 25 ROMEO's today. One drove a pickup, 24 rolled it on motorcycles. Top mileage rider was Moundridge Ron with 75 one way miles. We had a very wimpy wimpy rider today, me - Harley Charley at only 19 miles from Mulvane. Rusty Smith also lives in my town and had 25 miles!? Total mileage for the 24 machines was 756 one way miles in the stiff south wind.

Lets gang up and do it again next Wednesday. Plan is to ride north, see the destination late Friday. Possible a new place, scouted and approved.
Photos - See todays photos below.
Attachments
5951.jpg
5955.jpg
5956.jpg
5957.jpg
5960.jpg
5964.jpg
5965.jpg
5968.jpg
5973.jpg
5976.jpg
5977.jpg
5984.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T