South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 1, 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Lets head east-southeast to Burden. We visited this place last year for breakfast, and I was told it was fantastic. (I was at the Sturgis Rally, missed it). I have been there a few times for a meal and have always been very satisfied with the food and service. They serve the usual lunch meals and usually offer a daily special. And the bonus, large portions. So lets head to Burden and gang up for our lunch at Ma's Cafe. Ma's is just east of the small park on south side of Hwy 160 as you are entering Burden if coming in from the west. Signage is up, you can't miss it.

See you there!

TIME: 11:00 AM, Wednesday, March 1

PLACE:

Ma's Cafe
421 W. 5th (Hwy 160)
Burden, KS 67019
(620) 438-2233

See Gary's map - https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 1, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Chill in the air did not slow the influx of riders to Ma's Café in Burden. Ma's was ready for us and slammed out the meals in quick order. Many had breakfast, but several dined on the lunch meals. Next time we go I'll dine on the chicken fried steak! However, I noticed the realty sign to sell the Ma's, lets hope it stays open.

We had 18 ROMEO today. 16 rode the bike or trike rigs and two arrived in a car. The total mileage to Ma's was 882 one way. Moundridge Ron was top roller with 87 one way miles logged on his Harley. No wimpy riders, all riders were more the 36 miles. However, I'll proudly claim the wimpy rider as I was the 36 mile rider. And I rode 36 back home, too. Big WOOPS - I now notice JD rolled his GoldWing from Oxford 30 wimpy miles.

Let's get together and do it again next Wednesday! It's always fun and food is necessary for life. The prediction is 40* at noon with 15+ mph wind, so unless that changes we will stay close in. Check back Friday and see the location.

Photo's below - see them
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
9a.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T