North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 2/6/23

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 2/6/23

Post by Roadpounder »

It looks like MONDAY is our best shot for a ride. The weatherman is promising for a high of 60, and it goes down hill from there. I got us set up with a near by place that we haven't been to for 2 years. They have a pretty good menu, and it' been a good time in the past. I figure if we launch from the Rodeway Inn @ 11:45 it should put us there on time.

TIME........12:15

Here it is

Crown and Rye (Formerly the Swedish Crown)
121 N Main St
Lindsborg, Kansas 67456, US

785-227-8422

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/crownandrye

Web Page.............https://www.crownandrye.com/?fbclid=IwA ... g4ohscqdC8

Map site.............https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez

What a day! I got up about 8:30 and pretty much vegged out until 10:00 when I figured that I had better start getting ready for the ride. After a quick shower and shave I got dressed and went out to dig a bike out. Considering the time constraints I opted to take the old grey Goose. I really wasn't up performing all the rituals to appease the motorcycle gods in order to get Suzi out of her coma. I was pretty confident that the Goose would come to life. I hit the starter and after few cranks the old Italian Stallion got the idea and sprang to life. After gathering all the flotsam and jetsam I needed to make the ride I swung a leg over the bike and that old "what did you forget" feeling hit me. Sure enough. After digging through my pockets the camera was conspicuous by its absence. Back into the house to retrieve it and I was ready to hit the road. I got to the Rodeway first and soon others rolled in. After some tire kicking and solving of world problems it came time to launch. It was a bit windy on the way to Lindsborg, but nothing too troubling. When we got to the restaurant the parking was rather scattered. I managed to shoe horn the Goose into a spot and got the camera out for the outdoor shots. Making the rounds i managed to kick a few tires and get the shutterbugging done. Back at my bike I dug out the sign in book. While fiddling with my camera I turned around to enter the restaurant. Things then took a hard down turn. It seems that some thoughtless city worker put a sidewalk bench directly in my path and I took a header over it and did a face plant right in front of the front door. He should have known that I was going to trip over it someday. Emory rushed to the rescue. After the dust settled we determined that I was none the worse for the wear, but I can't say the same for my camera. It took a hard hit to the face and lost its eye. It's now out of it's misery. Thereby explaining the lack of indoor shots. Well at least I have another camera just like it. But the one I broke was the better of the two. For some reason the zoom doesn't work on the other one. Apart from that it works as it should. After I got inside I was a little disoriented. I found a group in a dining room but they bore little resemblance to the ROMEOs. A kindly waitress spotted my distress and ushered me to the right room. I got settled in and ordered the cheese burger and fries. It came after an exercise of patients. The fries were quite tasty, but the burger looked like it had been rescued from a volcano, just in the nick of time. Bellies full I went out to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather and some more lie swapping. Soon the crowd started to thin and it was time to mount up for the ride home. I had plans to stop at Walmart to pick up some garlic bread. They had a display set up to hook people coming in and since I fell for it yesterday, and really enjoyed that garlic bread with my home made pizza, I decided to get a couple more loaves. After all I still have a few cubic inches that are still unoccupied in my freezer. I was a little apprehensive about the stop at WM considering the previous turn on events at the restaurant. However I decided to throw caution to the wind, and I managed to acquire the aforementioned treat with no further self inflicted injury. Once I got home I seat belted myself into my recliner lest any further peril should befall me.
Biker Dogs.jpg
Biker Dogs.jpg (133.7 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Attachments
102_7860.JPG
102_7861.JPG
102_7862.JPG
102_7863.JPG
102_7864.JPG
102_7865.JPG
102_7866.JPG
102_7867.JPG
102_7868.JPG
102_7869.JPG
102_7870.JPG
102_7871.JPG
102_7872.JPG
102_7873.JPG
102_7874.JPG
102_7875.JPG
102_7876.JPG
kai61

Re: North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 2/6/23

Post by kai61 »

👍😊 Looks like a good time !!!
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…