South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 8, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 8, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Still winter, but we're inching closer to spring. I'm going to keep us in fairly close, heading to Conway Springs.

When we were at the Stock Tank last June, Charlie commented that we should put it on the permanent list. I think most of us were in agreement. The only criticism I had was not being able to eat all of my toastado... The menu includes burgers, sandwiches, Mexican food, and salads; there are also daily lunch specials. Brian, Chuck, Bob and I have been eating there fairly frequently and we've never been disappointed by the food or service. The place is clean and the staff is friendly. They don't open until 11:00, so there's not much need to arrive early.

Fifth Street (also known as K-49) is the main north/south drag through Conway Springs. Spring Street is a couple of blocks south of the Casey's, with the Stock Tank just east of Fifth Street on the south side of the road. It's fewer than thirty miles from Wichita (via K-42 and K-49,) probably less for the Derby/Mulvane crew coming in on the southerly route. It's a bit over a half hour if you're observing the speed limits.

By the way: this will be my last ride for a while, as I'm going in for a knee replacement on February 14. Charlie will be scheduling the rides for a while, starting next week. Let him know if you have a favorite place we need to visit, or if you have a suggestion for a new destination.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, February 8

PLACE:

The Stock Tank Bar and Grill
113 E. Spring
Conway Springs, KS 67031
(620) 456-2214

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 8, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

YES!! Again The Stock Tank was spot on with awesome meals and attentive service from a very pleasant lady server. I am sure all will agree this should be one of our favorite places for mid day ROMEO meal. Once a year is not often enough.

We had 10 ROMEO attend today, all in car and pickup machines. As I was nearing home the rain and mist started, happy I did not ride today. Ron from Moundridge and Wayne from Sedgwick were the far drivers today. We may go their way soon to give them the short drive.

Lets gang up and do it again next week. I'll post the destination Friday afternoon, after calling and confirming the location. See you then-

Photo's below, including an unusual photo - me! - and a view out my pickup window as I waited to open time. Scroll and see-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
last.jpg
5.jpg
33_1291.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T