South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 1

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 1

Post by roginoz »

Next Wednesday is looking to be cold, a low of 19 the night before and a high of forty; we'll stay in close again. We're heading back to the Little Firehouse Cafe in Derby. It's been a full year since we've been there, as I usually save it for cold weather.

Little Firehouse Cafe is towards the south end of town, on the east side of K-15. It's in an old Peter Pan Ice Cream store building, if you can remember that far back. While it's not a huge place, it will hold our winter sized group just fine. They serve breakfast until 1:00 PM; biscuits and gravy on a cold winter's day sounds good to me, so long as I don't have to rise early to get them.

Bundle up and take a short ride to Derby, or arrive on four wheels if the weather isn't quite right.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, February 1

PLACE:

Little Firehouse Cafe
120 N. Baltimore
Derby, KS 67037
(316) 788-8922

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, February 1

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Little Firehouse Café was ready and happy to feed the ROMEO gang today. Breakfast or lunch, they were on it. I enjoyed an omelet, Tom had a salad and others had breakfast or lunch meal. Good food and good service. And warm inside! - we had to stay in close this week due to the cold.

No riders today. Nineteen of us arrived in cars and pickup trucks. It's the time of the year for the 2 wheel machines to enjoy their vacation in the garage. Within a few weeks they will be roaring to life and we will venture out with the wind in the face.

If it works as planned, we will be in a great place next week. It will be our second time, but the first was 100% smack on perfect!

See the photos below, scroll thru them all, you are in there if you attended today.
Attachments
5127.jpg
5131.jpg
5134.jpg
5136.jpg
5139.jpg
5140.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T