South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 4, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 4, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Time for the first ROMEO lunch of 2023. The weather forecast for next Wednesday looks questionable: probably dry but maybe colder than we'd like. We'll keep it in fairly close (again.) If the forecast improves, we can always take the long way there and back. Ride or drive, we'd like to see you either way.

We were at the Conway Springs Gambino's Pizza last March. They have an excellent salad bar, and the menu includes pizza, calzones, pasta, and sandwiches. There are daily lunch specials: a sub, pizza, or calzone with a salad and drink. (Spyder Bob and I recommend the calzone, Brian is partial to the sandwiches.) They don't open until 11:00, so there's no need to arrive early.

Fifth Street (also known as K-49) is the main north/south drag through Conway Springs. It's fewer than thirty miles from Wichita (via K-42 and K-49,) probably less for the Derby/Mulvane crew coming in on the southerly route. It's a bit over a half hour if you're observing the speed limits.

TIME:

11:00 AM, January 4

PLACE:

Gambino's Pizza
110 N. 5th.
Conway Springs, KS 67031
(620) 456-2444

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 4, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Gambino's Pizza in Conway Springs is a yearly destination for ROMEO, we knocked it out early this 2023 year. Maybe we will back before 2024?

Thirteen enjoyed a variety of meals, salad being the most and sandwiches were popular too. Food was good, and service is as always in pizza type establishments, help yourself after food is delivered.

We had one rider, Junior rolled a Honda from Oxford, totaled 42 miles.

Let's gang up again next Wednesday. Roger will post the location. If it works as he has planned, we will enjoy the location.

I made only a few images this week, see them below.
Attachments
5010.jpg
5012.jpg
5013.jpg
5014.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T