South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 6, 9:30 AM

roginoz

South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 6, 9:30 AM

Post by roginoz »

NOTE: WE'RE DOING BREAKFAST MEETINGS DURING JULY AND AUGUST. IF YOU SHOW UP AT LUNCHTIME, YOU'RE LIKELY TO SEE US RIDING SOUTH OUT OF TOWN.

I spoke with Charlie, and we decided that 9:30 would be a good time for the breakfast meetings. It will still get us out of some of the warmer part of the day, and will also let the locals eat and head off before we arrive. (The places we visit appreciate our business, but the local crowd is what keeps them going year-round.)

We'll head back to the Prairie House Cafe in Leon to start our 2022 breakfast rides. We were last there a year ago, again to start our breakfast meetings. The Prairie House is on the east side of Main Street, right in the center of town. They have a full breakfast menu and some pretty good desserts. I seem to recall that the sausage and biscuits and gravy were pretty good, and that the pancakes were darned large. No one is going to leave hungry...

Leon is thirty-two miles from Wichita, a little less than forty-five minutes. I haven't seen the Leon policeman lately, but it's still a good idea to remember that the speed limit drops to fifty on US400 as it passes through town.

If you have a favorite breakfast location, let me or Charlie know. We have eight more breakfast rides to schedule before we switch back to lunches in September.

By the way: thanks to Charlie for scheduling rides the last couple weeks while I took a break. I think we all also appreciate his photos and post-ride reports each week.

TIME:

9:30 AM, Wednesday, July 6

PLACE:

Prairie House Cafe
100 S. Main
Leon, KS 67074
(316) 745-5004

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central BREAKFAST Ride: Wednesday, July 6, 9:30 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Prairie House Café was swamped with ROMEO this morning. The 3 ladies worked at keeping us happy - the slow was within the kitchen crew, meals prepared two or three at a time. I am assured this will not happen next time, and there will be more times for us to visit as we like the Prairie House. Plus, we are retired old motorcyclist, we have time to linger and visit while waiting for meals.

We had 25 ROMEO riders roll in on 25 rumbling bikes. Total one way mileage was 1121 miles. Jr. Wege from Oxford was top mileage rider with 95 miles reported, the average miles ridden by all was 44 miles. Fantastic turnout, happy group, enjoyable comraderie shared by all.

See the photos below. And plan to ride ROMEO breakfast next Wednesday. We may be going west.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6a.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
last-.jpg
13.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T