South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 11:00 AM

Harley-Charlie

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 29, 11:00 AM

Let's ride the bikes west this week. The weather looks fantastic, sunny and mid 70's at start and low 80's return. A forecast like this suggests a slight longer ride, such as 70 miles from Wichita.

It was a year ago when we last visited The Lumberyard Steakhouse in Zenda. The Lumberyard is a favorite destination ride as the food is outstanding. Wednesday is fried chicken day, and they have a full menu of meals to choose from should you desire another meal. The Lumberyard is expecting us to show strong, and can easily handle a large group. Cash and plastic payment. They open at 11AM.

And a heads up - The following week we will change to 'ride before the heat' breakfast rides. Destination suggestions always welcome.

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 29, 11:00 AM

Place:
Lumber Yard Steakhouse
311 N. Main
Zenda, KS
620-243-6000

Gary's map:
https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

The Lumberyard Steakhouse opened smack on time and was invaded by a gang of hungry motorcycle riders. Food was prompt considering they cooked all meals as we waited. The fried chicken was replaced by a chicken fillet, it was tasty and very good. The two ladies pampered us with great service.

We had 21 arrive on 21 motorcycles today. Average of bike miles was 65 miles, all riders totaling 1373 one way miles. Moundridge Ron rolled his Harley 88 miles from his Moundridge home to be high mileage rider.

Plan to gang up again next Wednesday. Going east, and it will be a breakfast ride.

Photos from today below-
Attachments
3366.jpg
3361.jpg
3367.jpg
3371.jpg
3373.jpg
3379.jpg
3380.jpg
last.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T