South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 11, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 11, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Several of us, including myself, hope to be in Arkansas for the Spring ROMEO Rendezvous next week. Those of you who can't attend the event at Petit Jean State Park still need to eat, so we're also scheduling a local ride for next Wednesday.

Right now, the weather looks like it might turn our OK. I'd rather err on the safe side, though, so we'll set up a short ride to Newton. Ride if it turns out as expected, otherwise jump in the car.

We were at Gurty's, in Newton, late last year according to my records. We've always had good food and service. Gurty's is more than just a burger place; the menu is pretty extensive. Still, the burgers and onion rings seem to be the hot ticket. There's dessert, too, if you have any room left after lunch.

Newton is only 27 miles from Wichita; not much of a ride if the day turns out to be better than expected, but we all know that there's always a long way around to anywhere.

Gurty's doesn't open until 11:00, but the early risers can hang out in the parking lot and kick tires.

Charlie and I will see all of you next week. Maybe we can get in a few more miles as the weather improves.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, May 11

PLACE:

Gurty's Burgers & Shakes
214 E 12th St
Newton, KS 67114
(316) 333-1878

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
etaoin

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, May 11, 11:00 AM

Post by etaoin »

Summer-like temperatures, gusty breezes and kamikaze flying critters eager to mess up my windshield, accompanied nine ROMEOs to Gurty's Burgers in Newton today. Six bikes and a couple cars made the trip for a total of 180 miles and Gram Pankratz with high-miles award (52). As Bill McLean and Jim O'Donnell used to say, "It was a BEEEAUTIFUL day in KAKEland" for a ROMEO ride. See you next time.
R1.jpg
R2.jpg
R3.jpg
R4.jpg
R5.jpg
R6.jpg
R7.jpg
R8.jpg