South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 20, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 20, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Some in the group have been asking to return to Shindigs, in Winfield. I can't remember the date of our last visit, but I'm sure it's been a couple of years. Next Wednesday may be a good day to ride, or we may get caught by the tail end of some rain. There's no sense in second guessing Kansas weather, so we'll just roll the dice on this one. If it looks good Wednesday morning, hop on the bike. If it's still raining or too cold, hop in the car. Either way, the food and the company will be good.

Shindigs has a pretty varied menu: meatloaf and chicken fried steak, salads and soup, steaks and burgers, and a few other items. There's plenty to choose from, and I recall that the portions were pretty decent.

If you have a favorite place we haven't visited recently, or new place we should try, let me, Charlie, or Brian know (Brian is my back-up brain...) We'll be seeing better weather in the coming weeks, and we can start venturing a bit farther afield.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 20

PLACE:

Shindigs
500 N. Main St.
Winfield, KS 67156
(620) 221-4782

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez

By The Way: Special thanks to Gary for updating maps each week (multiple times, with all the groups.) Most of us know the locations, or at least figure them out, but it's helpful for newcomers and those who don't run GPS.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 20, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Bravo to Shindigs in Winfield! Fantastic food was enjoyed by all. Mostly sandwiches or salad meals. Courteous server, and he worked to keep the three tables of ROMEO men pleased. I enjoyed my burger, huge portion of grade A ground beef between two tasty buns with chips. I heard no complaints about the food. We will remember this and may go again.

The ride to Shindigs was cool but not cold. We had 15 ROMEO's today and 10 arrived on bikes. The total mileage to Shindigs was 492 one way motorcycle miles. Five arrived in car or truck rides. The high mileage bike rider was Moundridge Ron with 76 one way reported miles, and the wimpy rider was me, Harley Charley, at 25 wimpy miles. A group of five of us rode the long way home, including the Girl Scout Road, Grouse Creek and then back including another roll down the Girl Scout Road.

Lets do it again in a week. Post will show destination by Friday or Saturday. See you next week!
See 10 Photos below-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
5417.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T