North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/29/22

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 3/29/22

Post by Roadpounder »

Time got away from me again and before I knew it it is Sunday and the world is crashing down around me. The weatherman is giving us a narrow window of opportunity this week, but it's open wide. Tuesday is looking pretty good with a forecast high of 82*. The rest of the week, not so much. So I started burning up my phone to get us a place to go. Just before it had a meltdown in my hand I hooked us up with a place in Liebenthal. :? What is a Liebenthal you ask. At least I did. It's a little town just north of La Cross. That kind of threw me for a loop, since the only La Cross I knew was in Wisconsin. The last time I was in La Cross Wisconsin I saw my life flash before my eyes. But that's another story. Anyway this ride is just over 100 miles. I know I might be pushing the season, but I don't want to waste such a good forecast. The last time we were there was in late September of 17. As I recall the food was simple but really good. I had a bowl of chili and a burger and I didn't leave hungry.

I've been in the garage all day making sparks. Between grinding and welding the garage looked like a fireworks display. I was working on my motorcycle lift modification to a hydraulic cylinder and I discovered a major oversight. I discovered that where I planned to put the cross member that mounts the hydraulic cylinder was right where the rear lift arms come down. :o So I had to grind out the welds that held the mount to the cross member and make a new mount 4 1/2 inches longer to get it out in front of the rear lift arms. Lots of cutting and grinding and welding and I got the new mount in place and it looks like it all fits. :D So now it looks like I'm ready to start fitting it to the lift frame. But first we need to set a launch time for tomorrows ride. According to my tip planner its about a 2 hour ride out to Liebenthal so I figure we should launch from the Quality Inn @ 10:00.

TIME....................12:00

Here it is.............. Sonny's Tavern & Grill
405 Main St
Liebenthal, Kansas, KS 67553

785-514-5088

Facebook Page............https://www.facebook.com/Sonnys-Tavern- ... ?ref=br_rs

Web Page.............

Map site.............https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Last edited by Parkville Rider on Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.