South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 16, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 16, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Next Wednesday looks like it'll be a pretty good day to ride: a high of seventy-three, virtually no chance of rain, and just a bit on the windy side. We're going to head back to a ROMEO favorite: Lila's, in Piedmont. They like to see us, the food is always good, and it should be a nice ride through the tail end of the Flint Hills.

Lila's will have a special meal for us, as usual. It's difficult for them to handle a group our size ordering off the menu, and whatever they fix will be good. I don't know if Lila's is set up to take credit cards, so it would be a good idea to have some cash on hand. (I personally prefer to pay with cash at the mom and pop restaurants; I'd rather not have the credit card company skimming four percent off the top.)

Piedmont is just south off of US 400, about 55 miles east of Wichita. The road to Piedmont is ten or fifteen miles east of the Beaumont turnoff, and then there's a short ride south into town.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, March 16

PLACE:

Lila's Cafe
100 Main St.
Piedmont, KS 67122
(620) 864-2250

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/wd4hsez
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 16, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Lila's Cafe is always an awesome place to visit while we enjoy the meal. The food today was like always, absolutely fantastic!! And we did notice Lila herself waiting tables and serving meals. Very happy to see her up and moving again, recalling times past that she was losing her health. Today we had Lila back! Super

We had 19 sign the book and two passengers that did not sign, 21 total. The one way mileage to Lila's was 1244 miles. Top mileage rider was Moundridge Ron with 90 miles and the two Arkansas City riders logged in with 80 each. The low mileage rider was Gram from Augusta, still a respectable miles rider at 40 miles. Myself and most riders likely went directly home to get out of the stiff south wind.

A hint about next week ride, the Ark City boys will be low mileage riders.. See ya next week -

See the photos below. Sadly I totally forgot to photo one table! And it was overflowing with our Romeo riders. Geeez, sorry bout that
Attachments
9650.jpg
9654.jpg
9660.jpg
9666.jpg
9669.jpg
9670.jpg
9674.jpg
9678.jpg
9679.jpg
9687.jpg
9999.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T