New guy

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
Ozarkmike

New guy

Post by Ozarkmike »

Hello everyone. I met Leo and learned about the Romeoriders. It seemed like just what I was looking for because I’m not a group rider but I like talking to other riders about bikes and anything related. I ride a 2018 KLR 650 and a 2019 R1250GSA. Extreme opposite bikes but I enjoy them. Haha. I’m a retired UPS driver and I try to use the habits I learned in my career to keep me safe on my bike. It’s mostly about space and visibility which is another reason I don’t like to group riding! If I do ride with a friend or two we stay way apart. I enjoy traveling and camping with my bike in National forests. I live in north central arkansas and I look forward to meeting some of you. See you around and ride safe! Mike. 😀
C500FEDF-CF55-469E-ACD3-326F6E8511AC.jpeg
Attachments
FB486749-F7B3-4B8A-A551-36431A46FD47.jpeg
1976 BMW R75/6. 1975 BMW R75/6. 2021 Suzuki DRZ 400s.
JerryM100

Re: New guy

Post by JerryM100 »

Welcome to the Romeos family Mike! I think many would agree with you about group riding, especially as we get older, wiser, and set in our ways. Of course friends will always ride with friends. But I don't care to ride with a number of people I don't know. But that is the great thing about Romeo rides, generally people just make their own way to the destination and enjoy each other talking about motorcycles and comparing notes and experiences. Then we go our own way home. Till next week...

Hope you enjoy having a great excuse to get out and ride every week with us!

Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Mike: I am glad that we just ran in to each other at the library . I bet you and Jim had a lot to talk about since both of you are serious off road riders and there is plenty of that in this area. I just got back from the "Naturally Beemers campout at Cherokee park in Morrilton so I didn't get a chance to post a ride for next week (and it's pretty solid rain). Keep an eye on our N. Central Ar. slot and feel free to call/e-mail with any suggestions.
Spread the word--maybe we can get this group up and running , and as always, the "ride director" position could be had by some lucky romeo :)
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
Ozarkmike

Post by Ozarkmike »

Hello Jerry and thanks for the welcome. And hi again Leo. Glad you had a fun safe ride to morrillton. That’s a beautiful ride down to that area. I camped on Mount Magazine a few weeks ago and rode home through Clarksville but I havent ridden through Morrillton. I didn’t get Jim’s number at the library the other day but hopefully I’ll see you guys at the next meet. See you soon. Ride safe. Mike. If I inserted the pic right this was last summer on Marshall pass on the Colorado TAT.
Attachments
5C9EE84B-407C-49D4-B1E7-9B0BCCD64714.jpeg
on2wheels52

Post by on2wheels52 »

WRinwater.jpg
I know lots of good places to ride in the area. Let me know when you want to go.
Ozarkmike

Post by Ozarkmike »

Haha. I usually take my boat to places like that.