Lunch Ride Tentatively Scheduled for April 7, 2021

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch Ride Tentatively Scheduled for April 7, 2021

Post by schoolmaster »

After what seems forever, it may be time to give a shot at resuming our weekly lunch rides. Since most of qualify for the”over 65 club” that makes us eligible for the vaccine and as local entities are increasingly reaching larger numbers of us, we can assume that many of us feel more comfortable in safely and carefully returning to some of our pre-Covid activities.

Since it varies by county and even local jurisdictions, restrictions vary on indoor dining and group size. I talked to Amber at the South 40 in Westmoreland and they are comfortable in hosting a group and she is excited about having us visit. Since this is still a few weeks away this will hopefully allow more time for a number of us to be vaccinated and for local infection numbers to drop even further. I will be touching base with Amber on the Friday before our ride to confirm that they are ready to accommodate our group and that everything is still cleared for takeoff!

After all is said and done, if you do not feel comfortable in participating yet that is perfectly understandable as each of us is the best judge of our own health and vulnerability. It is also still advisable to social distance and wear a mask according to CDC guidelines. Remember that the majority of those under 65 have not had the opportunity to get the vaccine and still remain vulnerable so we need to respect that.

Please note that this is a tentative plan at this point and I will post a formal announcement of the ride a few days ahead of time after I have confirmed everything with the South 40. Since a lot of us have probably gotten out of the habit of checking the website on a regular basis, if you read this post you might mention this info to those riding buddies who might not see this.

Hopefully, April 7 will be a great day to be a ROMEO!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Kansas

Re: Lunch Ride Tentatively Scheduled for April 7, 2021

Post by Kansas »

Bravo!
Parrothead

Re: Lunch Ride Tentatively Scheduled for April 7, 2021

Post by Parrothead »

Likely won't make this one but perhaps I will later in April or May. Enjoy everyone!
Scott F.
18 Indian Roadmaster Elite
13 HD Heritage Softail Classic