Covid-19 Vaccines

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
Parkville Rider

Covid-19 Vaccines

Post by Parkville Rider »

I hope many have already received one or both Covid-19 vaccine shots and there will be a single shot coming soon. My question: will getting the vaccine help bring the weekly Romeo RTE back to life? :) :) :)

I'm really not asking for opinions about the virus or vaccine, but it does appear to have the ability to enable contact with those outside of your home with less fear of contracting the virus. My understanding is even two weeks after the second shot, masks, social distancing, and cleanliness will still be needed to prevent asymptomatic transmission. (Have you noticed these practices have almost eliminated the common cold and flu we normally deal with during the winter? :o) I'm hoping this is a light at the end of the tunnel unless the Covid-19 variants become an issue. :(

Please don't respond with a reply that spreads medical misinformation that contradicts health authorities’ medical information about COVID-19 or the vaccines.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Kurt K

Re: Covid-19 Vaccines

Post by Kurt K »

The North-Central group has continued with the weekly rides throughout the pandemic and there appears to be no resulting infections from these rides. I am glad that these rides have continued as it has provided us with some quality mental-health breaks from the panic and fear.
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I'm going to re-start our South Central rides on April 7:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6562

I've asked that we still use masks except when seated, stay in small groups within our normal group of contacts, and get vaccinated. (More details and rationale at the link above.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

As the vaccination process rolls out in our area and more of us in the 65+ group (which certainly describes our group for the most part) acquire the required two doses, i would hope that this spring we could resume scheduling weekly lunches. According to all reputable sources, even though most people are vaccinated it will still be wise to maintain some social distancing and continue to wear masks to protect others that have not yet had the opportunity to be vaccinated. Hopefully by exercising good judgement we can get back to some semblance of normal sooner rather than later, possibly mid to late April.At least that will give us a target to shoot for!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Just got a reply from one of the Kansas City ride coordinators who is planning to restart rides soon. Try to get your shots asap and be prepared. Watch your email and forum posts for the announcements. :D :D
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT