Spring Rendezvous Cancelled

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Spring Rendezvous Cancelled

Post by schoolmaster »

Most of you may have seen this announcement somewhere else but I thought I'd pass this along from an email I received from Randy today:

The Spring 2020 Romeo Rendezvous has been cancelled. At this time there are no plans to reschedule. Lets hope we get control of this virus and can return to getting together in the near future.

I know a lot of us have looked forward to this event every year but obviously with all the issues surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, this is the prudent choice to make by the guys that are organizing it this year. I hope all of you are doing well and are finding workarounds to feed your motorcycle habit. For the first time in a very long time I had a motorcycle battery go dead from lack of riding. I guess the security system on my Indian decided it needed to remain vigilant in spite of the fact that it hadn't left the garage since November!

As you may know I fell while working on my deck on Dec. 2 and broke a few bones and tore my rotator cuff and had surgery to repair the damage on January 13. I have been going to physical therapy several times a week until it got cancelled a few weeks ago. I haven't had much use of my left hand or arm but the therapy, although slow, is gradually helping. In fact, day before yesterday after I charged up the battery on my bike and started it up, I couldn't resist so I decided to see if I could ride yet. I backed it out of the garage and rode a loop of about 2 miles around my house. Man did that feel good. I think I'm ready to try a little longer ride but I'm still not quite sure what the stay at home order means with regard to motorcycle pleasure riding!

Nevertheless, tomorrow I'm going to do a major cleanup of my bike, get all the dust off and try and put a little shine on it just to make myself feel better. I sure do miss our weekly get-togethers and do hope that sooner rather than later we can all schedule a socially responsible get-together and catch up!

Stay safe everyone!

Mick
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Parrothead

Re: Spring Rendezvous Cancelled

Post by Parrothead »

Catching up on the page and saw this post. Hope you’re recovery is speeding along!

Stay safe.
Scott F.
18 Indian Roadmaster Elite
13 HD Heritage Softail Classic