UNCLE ELDER'S BBQ CULPEPER, VA 11/26/19

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

UNCLE ELDER'S BBQ CULPEPER, VA 11/26/19

Post by shoresr »

IMG_9290.jpg
IMG_9289.jpg
Thanks for the picture David
UNCLE ELDERS FAMILY BBQ
129 East Culpeper St.
Cullpeper, VA
540-317-5718 opens at 11
https://uncleeldersbbq.com/

Screenshot 2019-11-27 09.22.41.png
Screenshot 2019-11-27 09.22.41.png (227.23 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Five of us found a very nice route to Culpeper and home. 729 and Leeds Manor Road are very scenic. We all enjoyed a beautiful day to ride through the Shenandoah countryside.
IMG_9293.jpg
IMG_9294.jpg
IMG_9292.jpg
IMG_9291.jpg
IMG_9294.jpg
I think everyone enjoyed the atomosphere, service and BBQ at Uncle Edler. I certainly enjoyed the company.

On the way home on Leeds Manor Road one of our riders discovered a low tire :!: :o We were 20 miles from the nearest service station. There were 2 air compressors among the group so we pumped up the tire and off we went again. :shock: Oops it went down again. We are still too far to ride to a service station. The rider had a plug kit and decided to plug the hole. I felt it was best to have a backup plan so I called Jim to see if he could come down and pickup the bike in case we didn't get the hole plugged. Jim said his trailer was available. After a short time the hole was plugged and we all made it home safe and sound.

Since we now have a person with practical experience with a plug kit, I suggest we have a demonstration at one of our winter meetings!! GOOD JOB guys. ;)
IMG_9299.jpg
IMG_9301.jpg

One of my secrets to getting to ride as much as I do is take something home to the "pretty little lady". Missy loves BBQ as much as I do, and we had a RIB Feast when I got home. The "RACK" not "SLAB" was very good, but we are still searching for the "Kansas City BBQ" and we are enjoying the search. :lol:

Great day, Great ride Thanks for coming along.