ANNUAL WEBSITE MAINTENANCE AND UPDATE

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
schoolmaster

ANNUAL WEBSITE MAINTENANCE AND UPDATE

Post by schoolmaster »

As you may be aware we have collected money on an annual basis to support maintenance of the website and have made that payment every fall. I have coordinated that effort since Roger Shores moved to Virginia. In the past we would start collecting in the spring and finish up in the fall to insure that we had sufficient funds to cover the cost. Since we never knew for certain what it would cost we always raised extra and carried over a small balance to start the next year.

Even though our costs have gone up each year as we have grown in numbers and have needed additional technology to support our website, we have now grown large enough that we can collect enough in one annual voluntary donation drive to more than cover our costs.

Since it has become clear that we are large enough we can collect sufficient funds in one drive, we don't need to collect a year ahead of time. Because of that I made a decision NOT to collect funds this fall from anyone so that is the reason we did not have a fall collection.

I recently made a payment to Jerry M. to cover our annual costs . We have a small balance to carry over but we will need to do another modest fund drive next fall to be able to pay an estimated bill probably around $600.00. So in late August next summer I will send out a reminder to coordinators to pass the hat so that in late September we will have sufficient funds to run the website again for the following year.

Thanks to Jerry for his continued dedication to maintaining our website. Without it we would not be able to effectively communicate with our members. Also thanks to all of the Area Coordinators for running each regional group so effectively and to all of you who support our organization with your participation and support. Together we keep this purely voluntary organization healthy and viable. If you have questions about this process please check with your Area Coordinator or send me an email and I will be glad to answer any questions you have.

Mick Lowe
Eastern Kansas Coordinator
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
joetnks

Re: ANNUAL WEBSITE MAINTENANCE AND UPDATE

Post by joetnks »

Good job Mick. ;)