New guy in Midway, AR

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
vintagemxr

New guy in Midway, AR

Post by vintagemxr »

Greetings all, from Midway, AR.

I was told about the group by a fellow over at Advrider.com so here I am. Once upon a time I belonged to a similar group out in Arizona call the Geezers. Similar concept of a bunch of old retired guys riding every Tuesday to somewhere for a burger. Early on I asked "Why do you guys ride on Tuesdays and one fellow replied "Because we can!"

My wife and I moved from Arizona to Midway back at the end of June. We sold our bikes before moving and replaced them once here with a Triumph 900 Scrambler (mine) and a Bonneville T120 (hers). Sadly, the house we bought needed much more work than we expected so the bikes have mostly sat since we got them in August. We hope to do better next year.

As for me, I've been riding something over a half a century now and owned lots of bikes. In my working days I was a vehicle test engineer for Volkswagen. These days I'm retired, do photography stuff (corgifan.com), hopefully more motorcycle stuff, and work on my house. My lovely wife is a new rider having just moved up to the T120 from a Kaw Ninja 500.

Doug

I snuck out for a quick ride today on the wife's bike since the weather was so nice. Here at one of the boat launch points at Bull Shoals Lake about 5 miles from my house.
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." - Eric Hoffer
arkyleo

Re: New guy in Midway, AR

Post by arkyleo »

Hello and welcome from Arkyleo and all the rest of the gang! I live close to Midway off of 178 & 712 and hope to have you join us soon on one of our rides. Also, glad to hear you are a Triumph fan (as I am) . Harvey and Vera are now the ride directors as they so graciously took over for me after 5+ years. Keep a watch on the N.Central Arkansas section for the ride listing, usually posted the previous Sunday or before. Thanks for joining :D Leo
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
vintagemxr

Post by vintagemxr »

Leo, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to joining the rides -- assuming the weather is okay. I'm a desert rat and cold weather is a real challenge for me.

Doug
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." - Eric Hoffer
MicaylaRay

Post by MicaylaRay »

Welcome to the group from Texas. We ride with the South Texas ROMEOS.
RAYandMICAYLA