My Wife And I Are Recently Retired.

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
toodawgs

My Wife And I Are Recently Retired.

Post by toodawgs »

This 2019 Tri-Glide was our retirement gift to ourselves.

20180929_123112-002.jpg
Parkville Rider

Re: My Wife And I Are Recently Retired.

Post by Parkville Rider »

Welcome to retirement! Looks like you gave yourselves a great reward. :) Come show it off at a Romeo RTE so we can drool over your new trike and welcome you to the Romeos.
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Not sure where you're located, but if you're near the Wichita area you are welcome to ride with our South Central group. (Actually, anyone is welcome to ride with any of the groups. We tend to show up at our "own" locations, with occasional trips to eat with the other groups.) Don't neglect the spring and fall all-group rendezvous. They'll be listed in the "Riding Events" subforum. The spring gathering is in Eureka Springs on April 30 and May 1. The fall get-together is tentatively set for September 10 and 11, location TBA. By the way: wives or girlfriends are always welcome, best not to bring both...
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

"wives and girlfriends are always welcome, best not to bring both..." Roger, you're pretty sharp today! :)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

You have discovered an excellent way to transition into retirement, first by adding a new motorcycle to your garage, and also by discovering the ROMEO organization. It is a great way to make new friends that have a similar interest in riding and also you get to experience the fun of finding new small town restaurants that offer a great opportunity to socialize and meet for lunch. Again, not sure where you're located but you are welcome to participate in any of the area rides, although most of us identify primarily with one or two groups and occasionally join one of the others. The Eastern Kansas group rides are on Wednesdays, usually we meet around 10:30 for either a late breakfast or an early lunch, and are usually west of the Kansas City area, usually within 75 miles of the Lawrence/Topeka area. We would love to have you join us. Just make sure to introduce yourself as being new to the group and we'll make sure to help you make some new acquaintances. Again, congratulations on your retirement and we hope to see you at a ROMEO ride in the near future.
Mick Lowe
Eastern Kansas ROMEO group
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster