South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 6, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 6, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

I was going to route us to La Hacienda, in Derby, next week but after making six calls to finally speak to the manager, he insisted on having an exact number. This is impossible, given how we operate, so the number is zero. Odd how so many little places are able to accommodate our group, and these folks can't. I admit to being old and cranky, but I believe I've earned the priviledge. Rant over, the ride announcement follows.

We were at Nancy's a couple of months ago, but it's worth a re-visit while we try to stay in close during the cold weather. Maize is close enough to drive, and close enough that you probably won't freeze if you bundle up for the ride. The food is tasty and Nancy and her staff take good care of us.

Nancy's has have excellent sandwiches and salads, and there's always a lunch special or two. Breakfast is served until 10:30, in case you arrive early and prefer some bacon and eggs (the french toast seems to get good reviews...)

Wednesday may be the best weather day next week, but it still looks like it'll be cold. If it doesn't look like a motorcycle day, get in the car; you gotta eat, regardless of the weather.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, March 6

PLACE:

Nancy's A-Maize-N Sandwiches
5125 N. Maize Rd.
Maize, KS 67101
722-9904

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/y95zj3gt
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 6, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Happy Roger was unable to route us to Derby, cause Nancy's is a bunch better than the microwave Mexican food we would have had in Derby!

We appreciate Nancy's and proved this with 27 ROMEO's attending today. Cold weather did not hold us back this week, and we even had one roll in on a Harley-Davidson. Nancy herself took very good care of us and she was grateful for the extra business.

Chris Clemens was the 18 mile rider. We all look anxiously forward to riding weather. Couple more weeks, I say. See you next week.

A few photos-
Attachments
1769.jpg
1778.jpg
1779.jpg
1783.jpg
1794.jpg
1790.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
jerrymich

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, March 6, 11:00 AM

Post by jerrymich »

Good pics, as usual, charles..........