New "HUB" info

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
arkyleo

New "HUB" info

Post by arkyleo »

I stopped by there today (Sunday) on the way back from Jasper just to see what was happening. The original owner was back (before Randall and Debbie) cleaning and fixing the place up. They have a long way to go, but Debra (Nielsen) seems determined to re-open by April of '19. I left a ROMEOS card and wished them well on the refurbish. She did ask for any ideas on re-naming the place as they can't use "Hub" or "Heritage" and asked me for suggestions--but nothing catchy came to mind---soo- I would like to put it out to you guys to come up with a clever name. I have her phone #, but forgot to ask if it was ok to put it on our website.
Hopefully we can go back to a newly restored facility in the Fall of '19 Maybe she will read our posts with ideas. :?:
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT-LTD Red
2024 Triumph Speed 400 Blue
lindad608

Re: New "HUB" info

Post by lindad608 »

yeah..
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Hilltop Inn
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
Fox Temple

Post by Fox Temple »

Could always go back to Dogpatch, or maybe Leghorns Folley.
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Just stopped by there today(Sunday) to check on the progress. Debra (Nielsen) was not there but the workers were busy and said she is determined to keep the April !st target date. My neighbor (Mark on his Honda 600) and I walked around and looked in the rooms and found some of them have been done with new appliances and paint. Also, Debra is attempting to buy (or whatever) the "Hub" name from Randall and Debbie. I will stop again and try to catch Debra there to get the full scoop. Here are a few photos:
Attachments
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1788.JPG
Santa

Post by Santa »

Justus Spokes...just us spokes
arkyleo

Re: New "HUB" info (Latest 1-6-19)

Post by arkyleo »

Just talked to Debra, the original owner for 30 years. April open date is still a go with the restoration process to be ongoing as revenue comes in. The new name is "Marble Falls Resort and Restaurant" and bookings via credit card will be available when the credit card co details are worked out. They are on Facebook under the new name and Debra is using her personal cell number (870-204-0750) until a business phone is installed.
Mark and I rode there again Sunday and saw that the multi-color roof building has sold to some California guy according to Debra and he has not figured out what to do with it yet ( don't get your hopes up--it's still a dry county). Will post some pix as soon as I can find them :( Well, my Android info says the photos I took on my phone went "to the cloud"--so next time I will use my old school camera for an update. In the meantime, here is one of my old Norton's just for eye candy:
Attachments
P1000750.JPG
Last edited by arkyleo on Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Leo: any chance it would be up and running for our spring rendezvous?
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Don't know for sure. I can check again in March, or you can call Debra in a few weeks to see how they are coming. Sure hope so as it is the ideal location :) .. If it is not ready in time, there is always "Fools"--plenty of motels in the area available. Are you set on an April date or would something in May work?
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I believe Bucky has been setting up the spring rendezvous. If he (or someone else) doesn't want to this year, I'd volunteer. I suggest the last week in April: Tuesday April 23 and Wednesday April 24.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
arkyleo

Post by arkyleo »

Harvey and I rode to "The Hub" today just to check on progress. Not much-- :( --but some. Roof is mostly on and the copper edging almost done. I didn't take any photos because you guys can check it out for yourselves when you attend the rendezvous later. Hopefully it will be don for this fall.
TheSpider

Post by TheSpider »

Are the exact dates for the Fall ROMEO gathering available? Like to have them as soon as possible for planning purposes.
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I've been organizing the fall rendezvous the last couple of years, and volunteered within the ride coordinators' group to do it this year. I'm waiting to set the date until I can touch base with the operator at the old Hub location, probably during the spring rendezvous next month. Typically we do mid to late September, avoiding the weekend of the Bikes, Blues, and BBQ event that's held nearby. If the old Hub isn't going to be available, we'll probably go back to the Super 8 in Harrison where we met last fall.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350