South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 27, 11;00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 27, 11;00 AM

Post by roginoz »

THIS WILL BE OUR LAST LUNCH RIDE UNTIL SEPTEMBER. WE'LL SWITCH TO BREAKFAST RIDES IN JULY AND AUGUST.

I was going to route us to Jeri's, in Kingman for our final lunch ride until fall, but Mickey and I found a new place in Mount Hope that's only open for lunch. We'll save Jeri's for a breakfast ride later on.

The Jewel Cafe is about as small town Mom and Pop as they come. They have burgers, sandwiches, and salads. It's in an old building on the east side of Ohio Street (the main north/south street in Mt. Hope) just south of Main. They have seating for at least forty, so our group should fit with no problem. They don't open until 11:00, so there's not much need to arrive early, except for kicking tires and telling stories.

They're not set up to take credit cards yet, so be sure to bring some cash or a checkbook. (Yeah, they actually take checks...)

You can reach Mount Hope via K-96, or take 61st West to 279th and then north to Mt. Hope. The southern route is a prettier ride, maybe most appropriate for the return trip

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, June 27

PLACE:

Jewel Cafe
SE corner Ohio St & Main St
Mt. Hope, KS

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

https://tinyurl.com/y95zj3gt
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 27, 11;00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

What a great day to ride a motorcycle to Jewel Cafe in Mt. Hope! The food was fantastic and the 3 at my table were served 'right now' fast! Very pleased with this new place. Plenty of parking for the bikes and very roomy joint too. Two thumbs up for Jewel Cafe.

We had 33 total attend today. Four came in two car/truck type rides and 29 riders arrived on 27 motorcycles. The 27 bikes totaled 1122 miles to the cafe, and most took a long way back to their home garage. I was in a group of 10 that went west to Yoder for pie.

Photos a plenty, including the interesting items in the cafe and Lonnie's recent purchase - a sexy Mazda machine.
Attachments
_3105.jpg
3108.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
8.jpg (125.01 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
TomK

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 27, 11;00 AM

Post by TomK »

I had an MX5 Miata, PRHT with paddle shifters. Most fun car I ever had, and at convenience stores more women than imaginable stopped to tell me how nice my car was! Maybe they meant me? I like to think so. Enjoy.