CO Ride and tire

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
TomK

CO Ride and tire

Post by TomK »

Rode around parts of WY and much of CO the past 8 days. Needed a rear tire on my VStrom650. Decided to try to find a shop open on Monday, usually all are closed. Did find Aces open in Ft. Collins getting there around 10am. Everyone who worked there spoke, some even got me coffee! The parts mgr went out of his way to search his records for a tire but had none. He referred me to TriCity Cycle in Loveland, only a few miles away. They had the tire so I rode over, getting there around 11am. The service tech Mike, said the shop was slammed and it would be hard to get me in. When I told him I was on a long trip, he said he would get the tire on asap. In less than 2 hrs I was on my way, after they washed the bike! Both dealerships went out of their way to help me. So, keep them in mind if in that area. Across the Interstate from TriCity is a big Harley dealership too.

I had hoped to ride Cottonwood Pass out of Buena Vista but it is still closed. Don't know if Tin Cup is accessible from the W through Pitkin.
The forest fires around Telluride and Durango caused dense smoke there and main roads were periodically closed to that leg of my ride cancelled. FWIW.

Ride safely!
TomK

Re: CO Ride and tire

Post by TomK »

I neglected to post website info for Aces and TriCity so here is the info:

www.Acesmotorcycles.com A used cycle dealer, not junk though.Address 5900 S College Ave Ft Collins, CO 80525 Phone 970-223-1203
College is Hwy 287
www.Tricitycycle.com New and Used dealer, several makes. Address 3675 Clydesdale Pkwy, Loveland, CO 80538 Phone 960-667-8697
E of Crossroads and I-25 to the S
TomK

Re: CO Ride and tire

Post by TomK »

I found out on-line that the road over Cottonwood is closed for improvement, likely going into 2018. FWIW