Lunch 11 AM June 13, The Depot Restaurant, Leavenworth, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM June 13, The Depot Restaurant, Leavenworth, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

I'm a little late getting this posted because I don't want to take you someplace if I haven't tried it myself. So my wife and I took a Saturday morning ride to Leavenworth to check this one out and I think this is one you'll really enjoy. It's a little different than most of the places we go since eating here is as much about the building as it is the food, but don't get me wrong, the food is outstanding. It's a really unique place, a restaurant located in an 1887 train depot that has been carefully restored in historic downtown Leavenworth. It's still very casual, but a little nicer than our normal stop. (Don may need to polish his hat ornament.)

They serve lunch and breakfast from 7AM until 2 PM and I think you breakfast eaters will love this place. The lunch special next Wednesday is a hot roast beef sandwich. For those of you who can't decide between breakfast and lunch you may want to try the chicken and waffles-it looked fantastic!! I took at picture of the menu and posted it below so you can get an idea of what they serve. If you want a little more info about this place you can find it at

www.thedepot1887.com .

You can pick your time to arrive; I told them we start showing up around 9:30 and most of us are there by 11. It looks like it may be a little bit cooler next Wednesday, but I've given up trying to outguess the weather at this point! So it looks like 10:30 would be a pretty good time to eat whatever you want and still get to visit with the egg aficionados and the roast beef people.

I took the following quote from their Facebook page: "We are not your typical family-owned restaurant. Our restaurant offers homemade food made from the freshest ingredients, served in a laid-back atmosphere. We also happen to be a national landmark – a former train station that began service in 1887."

So I hope you decide to ride to Leavenworth next Wednesday and take advantage of good food, good friends, good times, and soak up a little Kansas history in the process!! So I hope to see you at:

The Depot Restaurant
781 Shawnee Street
Leavenworth, KS 66048

(It's located a few blocks west of the north/south Highway 7 running through downtown Leavenworth)

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
https://tinyurl.com/y95zj3gt

Attachments
IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
joetnks

Re: Lunch 11 AM June 13, The Depot Restaurant, Leavenworth, KS

Post by joetnks »

Ya that was always a good place to eat. I'm pretty sure the ROMEO's were there a few years ago. Seems they closed for a while and reopened under new ownership or something like that.
Good pick Mick....JoeT
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: June 13, The Depot Restaurant, Leavenworth, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

I worried about the weather today but as it turned out you couldn't have asked for better weather to ride. Slightly overcast with temperatures in the 80's and a light breeze made for a memorable early summer outing on a motorcycle. This was a really fun place to eat and they had plenty of room with good service and great food. The parking lot had lots of shade too so it made it easy to hang around and visit outside either before or after you ate. It seemed to split today about half had breakfast and half had lunch with many taking advantage of the hot roast beef sandwich special. At any rate, I had more than one comment about how much folks enjoyed the Depot, so I'll probably put this on the list for an occasional return visit from time to time. Oh, and I almost forgot to report that the Hoser Count revealed 46 motorcycles in the parking lot and there were 3 or 4 cagers in the house today, so we'll just round it off at an even 50! Pretty darned great day to be a ROMEO!

I saw a lot of people taking off for a post lunch ride to take advantage of the nice day of riding weather. I had to make a run to the Indian dealer after lunch for a little cruise control repair on the ol' Chieftain. Man, that's a dangerous place to go because there's a lot of temptation on that showroom floor. It's sure fun to look at new motorcycles and they have a ton of Triumphs and Indians on the floor to make a young boy dream (or an old one too)! But I remained strong and made arrangements to have my cruise repaired!!
Attachments
NOW I SEE WHY THE TRAIN WAS LATE.
NOW I SEE WHY THE TRAIN WAS LATE.
AND I QUOTE, "I DON'T WANT ANOTHER DAMNED HARLEY!"
AND I QUOTE, "I DON'T WANT ANOTHER DAMNED HARLEY!"
JUST THREE OLD FARTS WAITING FOR THE TRAIN.
JUST THREE OLD FARTS WAITING FOR THE TRAIN.
WE KEPT THIS DINING ROOM PRETTY CONSTANTLY FULL.
WE KEPT THIS DINING ROOM PRETTY CONSTANTLY FULL.
13 (1).jpg
IF YOU TOOK THE TIME TO LOOK AROUND, THERE'S A LOT OF WONDERFUL OLD DETAIL IN THIS BUILDING.
IF YOU TOOK THE TIME TO LOOK AROUND, THERE'S A LOT OF WONDERFUL OLD DETAIL IN THIS BUILDING.
THE ROAST BEEF LUNCH SPECIAL.
THE ROAST BEEF LUNCH SPECIAL.
AIN'T IT THE TRUTH!  AND WE'RE ALL HOPING WE'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE DESTINATION YET!
AIN'T IT THE TRUTH! AND WE'RE ALL HOPING WE'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE DESTINATION YET!
8 (1).jpg
9 (1).jpg
HOSER, TAKING A BREAK IN THE MIDDLE OF "THE COUNT"
HOSER, TAKING A BREAK IN THE MIDDLE OF "THE COUNT"
6 (2).jpg
5 (2).jpg
SWANEE NEVER MISSES OUT ON HIS POST BREAKFAST STOGIE!
SWANEE NEVER MISSES OUT ON HIS POST BREAKFAST STOGIE!
THE EARLY BIRD NOT ONLY GETS THE WORM, HE GETS THE BEST PARKING SPOT AS WELL!
THE EARLY BIRD NOT ONLY GETS THE WORM, HE GETS THE BEST PARKING SPOT AS WELL!
3 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster