Thanks to all who make the Romeos possible

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
binarkansas

Thanks to all who make the Romeos possible

Post by binarkansas »

My name is Barry, sometimes I post photos from the rides I make with the North Central Arkansas group. I just finished posting a new set of photos on our forum page from a lunch ride we made today. I've been doing this for several years and it just occurred to me how nice it is to work with the Romeos website. The folks who maintain the site and facilitate the use of it are first rate. It is a simple task to post photos. Aside from being a great organization with a great group of folks, it has one of the most user friendly website and forums I've used.

Thanks to everyone involved in the creation, maintenance and upkeep of the website and the organization in general.

Thank you all

Barry
2008 KLR 650
2004 BMW R1150RT
1980 BMW R100T
JerryM100

Re: Thanks to all who make the Romeos possible

Post by JerryM100 »

Barry,

This is Jerry and I am the creator and owner of the website. Thank you for your kind comments, really appreciate it!

I have kinda mixed feelings about the website - on the one hand it just takes care of itself - people post and reply and ask questions and things just happen with little knowledge or involvement from me. On the other hand, I am constantly checking out and approving new users (and rejecting the ones from foreign countries!). I help people numerous times week remember their user names, reset their passwords, answer questions about how this or that works, sometimes just helping to understand how their computer works.

And there is also the difference between keeping the website working, which is the glue that binds everyone together, versus the constant ACTUAL WORK that the ride coordinators do each and every week to provide a place for yall to go. Don't forget those guys! I can sit at my computer and help a few people but the ride coordinators make a lot of stuff happen for 300-500 people every week! Not only does that provide some entertainment for all you riders, but think of the business we bring to the small places and towns that we go to.

So I appreciate your compliments, I really do, but make sure you guys recognize the ride coordinator in your area. Do you just show up and eat? Do you know who your coordinator is? When was the last time you actually shook his hand and said thanks?? It's such a simple thing but if 3 people did that in a single ride it would make that guy's whole day.

It's a small miracle what we have going on here! It is so easy to do but provides so much fun for so many people it is just amazing! You guys keep riding and stay safe!

Jerry M
Romeos Administrator

PS. And as I always say, don't hesitate to write to me if you have any questions at all!

Attachments
Jerry on 2015 GS in Colorado - 2017-07.jpg
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
merrill

Re: Thanks to all who make the Romeos possible

Post by merrill »

Yes Jerry you are so right all of you guy's are GREAT and we don't say it often enough but you guy's make our lives much better .